RAM Fan Installation ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM Fan Installation ??

I had a question regarding my G.Skill memory and a memory fan kit from Kingston ( I had it already). I was wondering if mounting the Kingston HyperX cooler fan directly onto the side / edge of the memorY ( PCB) will cause any problems?

Typically this metal fan is mounted on/over the memory retention clips. The problem is I'm using the Asus P7P55D LE MoBo and it only has the clips on one side of the RAM slots. The other side is smooth , slippery plastic. The fan is very unsecure mounting it this way. If I mount it just above the non clipped slot, touching the memory side, the metal legs of the fan will fit in the top notch of the side of the RAM. I'm just wondering if this will cause any problems (ie. shorting out ) with the RAM.

I am a bit concerned about mounting it on the sides of the RAM slots as it might easily slide down and touch the motherboard. Possibly causing problems by touching metal to solder points/chips etc.

So... can the metal feet of the Kingston fan touch the sides of the ram modules or not?

Thanks for the help.

Anybody know? Is is safe to touch the sides/edge of the RAM with a metal fan base/feet? Would make a more stable installation with the RAM FAN.

Cheers.

Comment

Should not have any problems. Just make sure it is stable.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks. Think I may use some thin rubber strips to insulate the metal just incase it hits the MB

Comment

Working...
        X