M4A785TD-M EVO and issue with F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
    Since the memory controller is embedded in the CPU, operating the the memory at a high frequency could reduce overclockability of the CPU frequency. You will need to fine tune voltages to get both your high CPU frequency and memory frequency to operate smoothly.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

No, its most certainly the memory compatability and not a issue with the chips ability to overclock
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=237544

Here are more issues having the same issue as me, it seems g skill is the most effected as the main poster has g skill aswell however a guy with ocz has no issues.

At 250fsb x 14 i should be at 3.5Ghz with a ram speed of around 866 and 8-8-8-24 but as this chip can post at fsb 300 i should be able to lower ram multiplier to 533 and increase fsb however past 250 the pc wont boot. Select 400 which brings the ram speed to 520ish its fine but slow, shurely if it can post 866 @ 250 it should post 280 @ 533.
    Last edited by Lemzip; 12-04-2009, 06:38 AM.

Comment

would you like to wait for ASUS to release new BIOS?
      as we tested, the new BIOS for AMD chipset could make it overclock higher and easier
      thanks

G.S

Comment

new bios tested, still have the same issues.

bios 0910

Comment

hmm...we see since there is still some difference between beta one and released one
          we already reflect this issue to ASUS and hope we'll get a reply soon
          thanks

G.S

Comment

Can you do me a favor and give me the correct SPD's for this ram @ 400, 533, 666 and over 800 (if there is any, i noticed over 800 9-9-9-24 will work)

As my board auto is incorrect and when i set to the SPD's on the memory it wont boot sometimes.

I can run the 666 divider with my pc clocked to 3.6ghz AND RAM ~ 860 - 8-8-8-24 however i cannot run the ram at the 400 divider 7-7-7-19-26 (as per spd) without prime causing a rounding error, which is odd as it should work easy at those speeds well under rated spec.

thanks

Comment

there is nothing about SPD
              and it should be related to the memory controller to run with different memory ratio
              Thanks

G.S

Comment

Is there a way i could try a stick of G Skill memory out from the QVL if you could provide it to me for testing? There are many of us with issues with G Skill memory and i would be happy to try out a stick of the QVL for this board? I have seen OCZ do this for a few customers having issues. Or do you have this board available to you yet?

I will happily return the memory and will provide all my contact information.

regards

Comment

Working...
                X