X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws Z with Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H won't post

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H rev 1.1
    Intel I7 3770
    F3-12800CL10Q-32gbzl DDR3 1600 CL 10-10-10-30 1.5V (4 x 8 GB)
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

My trusty Asrock Z77 Extreme4 mb died a few weeks ago, and I took a chance on a refurb
    GA-Z77-D3H. Problem is, it will not boot with my Ripjaws Z ram.

I got a dozen or so short beeps, followed by a reboot with rinse and repeat.

Fortunately, I had a couple sticks of 4GB HyperX Fury DDR3, which booted, establishing that the mb was functional.

However, I sure would like to use my real ram, as before.

The GA-Z77-D3H came with the most recent bios, and I see that the timings it is using with the HyperX are 10-10-10-30.

I can't find anything so far re compatibility, so am at a loss. I see that the bios has many mysterious expert settings.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
    Last edited by Cortada; 01-30-2022, 09:23 AM.

Have you tried one module at a time? Check to see if a module may be defective and causing a problem.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try a little swapping, but not methodically. It didn't occur to me that the original mb AND some ram might fail simultaneously. Anyway, per your advice I found that 2 sticks will boot and 2 give me the endless short beeps. So now I am at least up to 16 GB with half my original ram. I am going to re-assemble that 2nd computer that held the HyperX 2X4 GB and see how it responds to the 2 apparently bad Ripjaws sticks.

Comment

Ok, I tried the 2 modules in question on the other computer and it booted no problem, Then I went back to the GA-Z77 and same problem no matter which pair of slots were tried.
        Is this highly unusual, or known to happen on occasion?

Comment

Did you check if they run at full speed and they are stable under load? If the memory works fine the issue may lie elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
          X