baymavi - vevobahis - mobilbahis - https://guncelgirisi.com/. instagram takipçi satın al - instagram takipçi satın al mobil ödeme

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble about RAM upgrading

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trouble about RAM upgrading

    Hello all,
    I'm new here and I'm happy to enjoy this great community.

    I have a big trouble since 3 days ago when I have purchased a F3-1866C9D-8GAB (4GBX2) to upgrade my pc's ram from 8gb to 16gb.

    The model purchased is same as I already had so I'll have four identical 4gb ram modules for the 4 slots of my "Asrock z87 extreme 6" and "i7-4770K".

    I've found in the web this one F3-1866C9Q-8GAB, so I'd like to know if my 4 modules will work correctly as 16gb ram in total, although there is that difference between "D" and "Q" in the product identification code.

    thanks



  • #2
    There is no guarantee when using two separate kits.

    D, dual means only the two modules have been tested to work at rated specifications.

    Q, quad means four modules have been tested, so that is what you want if you need 16GB total.

    As a result, you will need to test and see what they can do. If DDR3-1866 is not stable, try a lower frequency to see what can be stable. Let us know how it goes.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sip2812 View Post
      I've found in the web this one F3-1866C9Q-8GAB...
      Are you sure about that model number? It would indicate a 4x2GB Kit, so four modules of 2GB each.

      If you are looking to upgrade to 16GB, either go with a 2x8GB or a 4x4GB model instead.
      >> The official G.SKILL Memory Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)! << | [pictures] Show off your G.SKILL products!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        There is no guarantee when using two separate kits.

        D, dual means only the two modules have been tested to work at rated specifications.

        Q, quad means four modules have been tested, so that is what you want if you need 16GB total.

        As a result, you will need to test and see what they can do. If DDR3-1866 is not stable, try a lower frequency to see what can be stable. Let us know how it goes.
        I bought same model already I have but my trouble is right this about D (two modules) and Q ( four modules) to work correctly. I'll let you know for sure as soon as I get them

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
          Are you sure about that model number? It would indicate a 4x2GB Kit, so four modules of 2GB each.

          If you are looking to upgrade to 16GB, either go with a 2x8GB or a 4x4GB model instead.
          Oh sorry, you are right..I would say F3-1866C9Q-16GAB so to indicate four modules of 4GB each
          I already have 2x4GB modules ARES F3-1866 so I bought an identical kit hoping they work well together with mine that are identical!
          Last edited by sip2812; 04-08-2020, 03:00 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            There is no guarantee when using two separate kits.

            D, dual means only the two modules have been tested to work at rated specifications.

            Q, quad means four modules have been tested, so that is what you want if you need 16GB total.

            As a result, you will need to test and see what they can do. If DDR3-1866 is not stable, try a lower frequency to see what can be stable. Let us know how it goes.
            Sorry for the noob question: what do you mean with "stable"? How can I realize if my sistem is stable or not?
            I'll test them with windows tool
            Last edited by sip2812; 04-08-2020, 02:53 AM.

            Comment

            betpark - adiosbet - perabet

            deneme bonusu veren siteler - bahis siteleri - casino siteleri

            istanbul escort - aksaray escort - yenibosna escort - merter escort - grup escort - esenyurt escort - adana escort - afyon escort

            makrobet - perabet - bahigo - betmatik - bahigo - illegal bahis - bahigo - bahigo - bahigo - betist

            Working...
            X