Adding 16GB XMP enabled or not = BSOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding 16GB XMP enabled or not = BSOD

I just added 2 sticks of the exact same model to get 32GB total. Originally had 16GB (2x8)

At first I didn't touch the bios and left XMP enabled. I was getting BSOD after 30 mins or so.

I removed the 2 old sticks to test the new ones and got zero problem with XMP enabled.

I then reinserted the old ones, so 4 sticks total, and disabled XMP. I still got BSOD but after a much longer period.

I started increasing the voltage incrementally from 1.5 to 1.520 and unfortunately I'm still getting BSOD and this is where I'm at now with no more ideas or resolution. I really would like to have 32GB in my system!

So now I'm at 1.520 with XMP disabled.
    Attached Files

The two kits may not be able to work well together simultaneously. Contact the RMA dept. to exchange for a single matched 32GB kit

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Once you receive the RMA number, email the RMA dept. to let them know you need a single 32GB kit. If you do not mentioned anything they will send you 2 separate kits back.

Comment

What do you mean exhange for 32GB?! I bought the first 16GB kit 2 years ago and the same new kit 2 weeks ago.

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-490-_-Product

Purchasing the same kit does not mean they are compatible with each other; it means they have the same high performance rating. Each kit of RAM is matched and certified from factory to work together, which is why we sell kits of RAM. Otherwise we would just sell single modules and people can purchase as many as they need. RAM is not a mass produced item, so in most cases it's not as easy as just adding more especially when it comes to DDR3-1333+

Comment

Ok so I now installed the 32GB kit and I get the exact same BSOD with XMP enable. I'm back to same issue with the 2 previous separate kits. We'll see how the system behaves with XMP disabled. Maybe Win7 does not like 32GB Ram I have no clue but it doesn't seem to be hardware at this point.
          Last edited by Ducato; 10-02-2016, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X