Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000cl11q2-64gbzld-asus rampage 4 black edition-inter i7-4930k

F3-17000CL11Q2-64GBZLD-ASUS RAMPAGE 4 BLACK EDITION-INTER I7-4930K

Everything was working fine then I noticed a slow down in performance, checked everything found that CD Ram slots were read ADNORMAL, Asus forum came up with nothing, any ideas from someone smarter than me. I've tried everything I know to do, but nothing works, I can't figure out if the Ram is bad or something going on with my motherboard.

F3-17000CL11Q2-64GBZLD-ASUS RAMPAGE 4 BLACK EDITION-INTER I7-4930K adnormal reading

Where is all the smart people with G. Skills? Doesn't anyone have any answers, I know someone has run into this issue before. Help I don't know what to do, I don't want to RMA the Ram if it's the mother board or other way around.
    Any ideas from anyone, I need your help, never OC the ram, nothing like that at all.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS/EFI?

Do you have XMP enabled?

Test one stick at a time to see if each performs the same.

Comment

I have the latest BIOS, Have XMP enabled. I am going to start checking 1 stick at a time in A channel, tomorrow.
        As of now before checking 1 stick at a time I'm only showing 32GB of Ram. I let you know how the checking of the sticks turns out and copy the readings between A & B compared to C & D channels in the BIOS.
        I really appreciate you help on this matter, like I said I've found nothing any where to help me on the Abnormal reading on the C & D channels, the readings are different when I compare A & B channels with C & D channels with each other.

Comment

OK, I have finally got to checked each stick one at a time in all 8 slots. I'm using G.Skill F3-17000CL11Q2-64GBZLD ram, SN from 1524240021-148073 to 1524240021-148080.
          The first 4 numbers 148073 to 148076 check out OK, but the last 4 sticks 148077 to 148080 showed a error code of ( Memory initialization error. Invalid memory type or incompatible memory speed.)
          I had them set on XMP at 2133 speed.
          One time one showed the error code (CPU DXE initialization is started, but after restart it worked.) That SN was 148077, maybe just a hang up.
          Only 32GB will work out of the 64GB that is suppose to work with this set, I purchased this set from Newegg for about $600 but the next day they dropped the price to under $500. I had been in contact with G.Skill over a week before about problems with the 2-16Gb sets I had purchased but they would not refund my purchase price toward another set because the price had gone down. I decided to purchase the 64GB set then, looked funny to me the day after I bought the set the price dropped over a $100, they could have informed me I could have used the difference.
          I sent the motherboard (ASUS Rampage 4 Black Edition) back to ASUS to check out the ram slots, they returned it with no problem found. During that time I used another motherboard of the same type I have on my other setup. I have an in desk setup with 2 desktop computers watercooled, the ram have a temperature probe that is attached to them and the fans on both sets, one fan I modified the bottom to fit the so it doesn't touch the graphic card, plus a piece of insulation tape is on the graphic card where the fan bottom would touch before modifications. This is the setup on both boards, except the ram is different, this board is used for my personal use and the other board is used in completion overclocking with HWBOT. I have never Overclocked this ram, my other ram, CPU, and Graphic card are OC. But I use a different type of ram for it. My CPU is I7-4930K used with this ram, the PS is a EVGA Supernova 1000 watts, the Graphic card is a EVGA GeForce GTX760. The ram temperature never gets over 45 C, the fans are controlled through the motherboard.
          Last edited by mllkn6@gmail.com; 08-12-2016, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Any time there is a price drop within a couple days, contact the vendor to see what they can do. We don't get any notifications and we don't control vendor pricing, so we have the same price information as you.

Comment

Working...
            X