• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Pairing older F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL with a newer kit

Hello ,
    CPU :i 7 2600k
    MOBO : GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.0) - Gigabyte

I originally purchased a F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL kit for my system back in 2011 and ran fine at 1866Mhz for 5 years.

This past Christmas i decided to up the ante and add another exactly same kit to bring my system to 16GB. If i'm not mistaken what i have here is the equivalent of the F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL kit.

Both kits are exact same part number and exact same timings on sticker , only difference is manufacturing date (new kit dated 2015) , also in CPU - Z the older kit is listed as XMP 1.2 and the newr kit listed as XMP 1.3.

I can't seem to get these to run in 1866Mhz , I've tried Gigabytes newest release Bios and am now running their EUFI beta bios which provides with more options regarding timing but if i set it to XMP profile 1 , system goes into endless reboot loop. Please help.

Try manual settings

Also, do you have each kit installed in same color slots?

Comment

Tried manual settings but the tRC are different according to CPU-Z , which should i go with , 42 or 37 . And yes original DIMM's are slot 2&4 new ones are in slots 1&3.

here is a picture i took of the two different sticks , only diffrence i see is slightly diffrent design on the outside edge of the heatsinks.

http://i.imgur.com/gm6ys8v.jpg

Comment

Any sugesstions , i tried manual settings 9-10-9-28-tRC (37to42) 1Tand 2T , still no go.

Could it be that these sticks are not compatible with each other because of the slight updates made since 2011?

Any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks

Comment

Very possible

You may need to send them in for a single kit of RAM.

Comment

Working...
          X