Add RAM to ASRock System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add RAM to ASRock System?

I have an ASRock H97M Pro4 LGA 1150 motherboard (not overclocked) with 2 sticks of 8 GB/each G.Skill Ripjaws X RAM. I'm running an Intel i3 but may upgrade it to an i5 next year sometime.

Specs on the existing RAM are:

1866 (PC3 14900), F3-1866C9D-16GXM, 9-10-9-28, Cas Latency 9.

Yes, I know these sticks are overkill for the board which maxes out at 1600. I originally thought I'd get the faster RAM in case I upgraded the motherboard later. Probably not going to do that at this point.

Anyway, I want to add another 16gb to my system to max it out at 32.

Normally I'd drop another 2 sticks of the same thing into the build but the above sticks are no longer available other than at ridiculous prices from obscure vendors.

The closest thing I can find with similar specs is the G.Skill Sniper series F3-1866C9D-16GSR. Exact same timings and Cas latency as my existing Ripjaws.

In the Ripjaws series, I can only find: F3-14900CL10D-16GBXL which is 10-11-10-30 Cas 10.

So would the Sniper sticks be a safe choice? Or do I have to pay a big premium to hunt down the exact same sticks I already have? Any other options?

Hi,

Mixing memory kits, even of the same model number, may result in compatibility issue. G.SKILL will guarantee the compatibility for single memory kit only.
    However, if you planning mixing the memory kits at the same time, you may have to lower the DRAM frequency or raising DRAM voltage to make the system getting stable.

Comment

OK you didn't really answer my question and no one else did either. Let's try again. The board maxes out at 1600 (I am not overclocking). The Ripjaws sticks I have in it are rated at 1866. The Sniper F3-1866C9D-16GSR are also rated at 1866 and have the same CAS timings. Do you think they would work OK along side my existing sticks?

Comment

Hi

Use two kits at the same time = A none test memory kit

That's why we will not be able to guarantee the compatibility if the user adding one more kit to increase the total capacity.

Basically, they should be able to match up, but if you have any issue, please let us know or raising the DRAM voltage up to 1.6v~1.65v to see if this can help.

We will not be able to guarantee if they will be compatible or not, unless you added another memory kit.

Comment

Newegg has sticks back in stock

Seems Newegg just got the F3-1866C9D-16GXM 8x2 set back in stock so I bought them. Probably the safest bet for compatibility with my existing F3-1866C9D-16GXM set.

Comment

Working...
          X