F3-1866c8d-16gtx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1866c8d-16gtx

I have F3-1866C8D-16GTX memory http://gskill.com/en/product/f3-1866c8d-16gtx
    which is a really good product (probably the best 1866MHz of the market)

In cpu-z 2nd XMP profile says that sets 1T but AIDA64 says for both profiles 2T

Which one is correct for 2nd profile?

Try manually setting it to 1 and see if that can work

Comment

It works perfectly using Profile 2 and 1T.
      It takes all timings right except the Command Rate which I set manually.
      I just had this question because 2 really good diagnostic software shows something different.

Comment

As I have said Profile 2 and 1T manually set works fine but can anyone tell me why CPU-Z and AIDA shows different Command Rate timings? Nobody tried to answer that for over 10 months.
        Thank you in advance.

ps G.Skill keep doing that excellent work you do.

Comment

Originally posted by el_arantis View Post
          can anyone tell me why CPU-Z and AIDA shows different Command Rate timings?
          Aida64 in Motherboard > SPD usually shows 2T and 3T command rate for a kit with dual XMPs, though both are actually 2T. The problem with CPU-Z is similar, but in the other direction. That has been the case since idk... literally forever. They probably just don't care enough to eventually fix it.

You can verify this via Thaiphoon Burner > EEPROM:Read SPD > View:Report Mode

Edit, for comparison:

CPU-Z http://s1.bild.me/bilder/240416/2181...mandrate_0.png
          Aida64 http://s1.bild.me/bilder/240416/2606...mandrate_2.png
          Thaiphoon http://s1.bild.me/bilder/240416/8569...mandrate_1.png
          Last edited by emissary42; 10-22-2016, 08:12 AM.
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thank you for your answerer emissary42. But finally what is the real timings for the product I use? I think that g.skill who constructs it can give the information.

Comment

In general Thaiphoon Burner is pretty accurate for extracting memory related information, so that is what i would go with.

It is not a big deal with the command rate though, because 2T is the standard (almost) every manufacturer uses for compatibility reasons, even though 1T usually is no problem for most systems until you get to very high memory frequencies. While the performance difference between 1T vs 2T is measurable in benchmarks, it has little to no impact for daily use. So don't worry too much about it.
              Last edited by emissary42; 10-23-2016, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Thank you once again for your reply. Do you think that AIDA64 benchmark will show any differences? Which benchmark do you think is good for RAM? At the end what would be your advice to me, 2T or 1T?

Comment

The Aida64 benchmark is very sensitive to changes in timings, so it should show a slight difference. Some of the less synthetic benchmarks will probably not show any difference at all. So go with the official specification of 2T if you just want to use your system or 1T for slightly better performance, but then i'd recommend to at least do a minimum of stability testing afterwards.

Comment

I mainly play games like Battlefield etc. Will I see any difference or not? What is your opinion?
                    Once again thank you for your time answering my questions.

Comment

I don't own any of the Battlefield games so i cannot help you with that. Usually memory sensitive games see the biggest gains (at Min-FPS) from raising the memory frequency. However you could just test yourself if there is any noticeable difference between 1T and 2T with your setup/settings.

Comment

misreading by CPUz, that's all

If 1T is stable, keep it at 1T

Comment

Thank you both for your proper replies.
                          One more reason, except awesome products, why G.skill rocks and cannot be replaced

Comment

Working...
                          X