Looking for some help with DDR3 F3-10666CL9D-4GBXL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some help with DDR3 F3-10666CL9D-4GBXL

Hello, i hope you are having a good day.
    I have some issues to make work the kit of 2 x2Gb F3-10666CL9D-4GBXL Dual Channel i bought recently to upgrade my ram.
    here are my specs :
    Motherboard : https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_EXTREME/
    CPU : Intel Core 2Quad Q9550 @2.83Ghz
    Ram : i have already Corsair XMS3 DHX - DDR3 - 4 Gb : 2 x 2 Gb (dual channel) - DIMM 240 broches and recently bought G.Skill Ripjaws X Series F3-10666CL9D-4GBXL 2x2Go
    If i set my corsair 2x2Gb on A1-A2 and the g skill kit on B1-B2 bios recognized my 8Gb of ram but windows can't start and in any other way i place them i have a black screen when i turn on the computer.
    I thought it was compatible but looks like not , if it is compatible what i can do to make it work? i dont think reinstalling windows would help. Otherwise could you tell me what kind of g skill ram is compatible with my specs?
    I tried once 2x2Gb of F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD + my corsair ones and it worked but I cant find theses for sale anymore and btw i'm not from usa so I have probably a limited choice of model.
    Thanks.

Each kit should be in the same color slots.

A2 B2 , then A1 B1

Do you have the latest BIOS?

The new G.Skill RAM will not work at all? One module at a time?

Comment

Thanks for the reply but i made it work somehow , i had to setting up manually the DRAM frequency to 1066 mhz i don't even know why but it works..
      I have the latest bios and if i use only the g skill set with the default bios my screen is black.
      But anyway now it works this way so it's all good thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
      X