Cannot get my new 2666mhz ram stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot get my new 2666mhz ram stable

Iv been having a heck of a time getting this thing stabilized. Iv got to a point where i can play games and whatnot. But in BF4 after a match is over with i will get different BSOD's. All of them pointing to ram instability. Iv ran ram tests one intel's XTU and can go 10 hours with no problems on that. so what gives?

I have a evga z97 classified with a 4790k, and have Set the VSA IOA and IOD to as followed.

VSA i have set at +75 .890v
    IOA is at +25
    IOD is at +35 1.04v

using XMP profile of course with all the correct timings.

Not quite sure what else to do. Iv also upped all the voltages to my cpu, ring ratio and such.

Can anyone help please!?! I really dont want to go back to my 2400mhz ram if I dont have to.

Also, when this happens and it bluescreens the last few times it makes my keyboard lag out, so i have to reinstall the driver for that every time...

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by Taint3dBulge; 12-06-2015, 10:33 PM.

Also Iv tried slots A1A2 B1B2 and same thing happens.

Here is bios screens.

Comment

So...

Anyone?

Do i need to up my vsa ioa iod voltages more? What would be considered safe. Im hoping once I get this thing figured out that i can get the timings tightened way up.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

VSA needs to be higher.

You can try one module at a time first to see if the system can work properly with each stick.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I have raised my VSA higher and reflashed my bios with the latest none beta version. I also raised my voltage to +100 and i believe its a smidge over .900v now along with my ioa and iod up +10. I guess my question would be is what would you recommend the voltage be at, or moreover, what would be considered "high voltages for the vsa?" I do think the reflashing helped alot, only 1 bluescreen last night while playing and 1 game crash. But never had any crashing or bsod's before I put in the ram. Im still kinda new to the intel chipsets and overclocking. Been AMD for many many many years so thanks for any and all information. Loving the ram otherwise tho.
          Last edited by Taint3dBulge; 12-08-2015, 05:10 PM.

Comment

High voltages is not a problem, as long as you are within a range then the system will be stable. Issues occur when you are out of that range, and it can be either be too low or too high.

VSA should at least be 1.25V.

Have you tried 2400 or something lower first to see if it can work?

Comment

My other ram I was using before was 2400 and I needed no extra voltage to run that just fine. Im running +140vsa now and have had to boost my core clock up to 1.315 volts to get the thing stable but still get blue screens every now and again. can run occt for an hour and then it will blue screen. Before all i needed was 1.275v core voltage. Is this common? Sorry still kinda a nooby to this whole ram thing. Just getting frustrated with it lol. Ill keep upping the vsa voltage till i see no more bluescreens. It does seem to be getting better though.

Comment

Yes, it is all normal. DDR3-2400 is fine for that CPU, which is the maximum we recommend. Anything higher depends on the overclocking margin of your specific CPU. The quality can vary so maximum results can be different as well. Increasing voltages like you are doing can make it stable beyond it's normal capability.

Comment

Thanks for your help, iv got it running stable now. Ran occt for 4 hours and no crash and afew hours of bf4.

Just cranked up my vsa voltage to a smidge over 1.25v. Was able to bring my cpu vcore down to 1.3, might be able to go lower. Also have started tightening my timings. So far have it 11-13-13-35 T1 at 1.67v. What in your opinion do you think I could get those to? Would like to get to 10-12-12-31 T1 but I dont want to go over 1.68v. I will also have to run 8 or more hours to make sure its really stable where its at first. Then try to get the timing alittle lower and reduce my cpu vcore some more if possible. Love Gskill keep up the great work!

Comment

10-12-12 should be possible

Comment

Working...
                    X