Trying to achieve 2133

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to achieve 2133

I wanted 32g ddr3 at 2133. I made the bad mistake of buying two identical 16g kits. I know this isnt ideal, but i hope with some tweaking we can get it done.

Im on a Z68 fatality pro gen 3 board. Latest bios. Intel 2500k overclocked to run at 4.5g. Rock steady for over 2 years. I have 2 auto profiles for 2133 that are exactly the same thing, and do not post. Manual settings at 2133 do not post.

Sorry the kits are Ripjaws x DDR3-2133(pc3-1700) 8mbx2, of which i got 2 to fill the 4 mem slots on my motherboard. F3-2133C11D-16GXL

I have had some success to get it to run faster than the default. My cpuz are hopfully attached.

Thanks !
    Attached Files

Can you run the XMP settings with only one of those two kits installed (either one)?

Many users in our hardware community had trouble with the Fatal1ty / Extreme Z68 models and higher memory clocks back in the days and i don't think that ever got fixed by ASRock. At times you could get DDR3-2133 to work with full manual timings and voltages, but if i remember correctly in most cases that was with just two modules installed. In the end those users did replace their boards with something different and found out that the memory itself wasn't at fault.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thats unfortunate. This rig has worked quite well for me. Im not unhappy with the results im getting, I was just trying to see if there were settings that might work out better than what I have come up with. Im currently not even close to advertised, or suggested settings. Im just kinda doin my own thing here. I will welcome any advice. Im not ready to build a new computer yet. I have not tried the single kit. If that was the case I will return these and get something else.

Comment

Best settings will probably be DDR3-1866 9-11-10-28 1.60V

Adjust the timings, frequency looks good

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to look at my problem. The timings you suggested work just fine.
          If i wanted to attempt to push it, and try for 2133, any suggested settings? Or just leave good enuff alone ? =)

Comment

For DDR3-2133, you can try a higher Voltage with timings at 11-11-11-31 to see if it can work, but if not, the 1866 settings and timings will be best.

Comment

Working...
            X