Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] G.SKILL F3-12800CL7D-2GBHZ doesn't work @ 1600 MHz on Asus P5E3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I found the issues, I sent back 1go of ram (to LDLC.com) but not the other one because he passed the MemTest.
    But yesterday I tested this 1Go again and MemTest found some error. So I took it off and tested with the new ram that LDLC.com sent me during an entire night and I had no error.

thx,

Alo

Comment

That error scenario above somehow sounds exact of what I did see yesterday.

I have here 2 sticks of these HZs sounds just like one I had. The bios automatic value for performance level was too high so it started erroring on memtest's 1 tick up and all was fine. 1 tick down it gave a lot of errors. Plus as far I know corsairs on this one they doesn't act similar the memory actually is +4 on tRD on 'Auto'. Also the 'Auto' setting left on on errorous g.skill sticks seems that P5E3 actually then does the worst scenarion (although error free) and rises the Performance level to +4 from original detected.
      Last edited by genetix; 06-08-2009, 06:20 PM.
      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
      http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Working...
      X