2 kits of ram shows errors in memtest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 kits of ram shows errors in memtest

Hi guys. Basically when I built my system back in march I put in there 2x8GB G.Skill Trident X kit (2400Mhz). Now I decided to upgrade the ram volume by adding one more identical kit. After upgrade system went unstable (BSOD's, game shutdowns with and without error message, pc restart) at first I thought the cpu is acting up but just to be sure I ran MEMTEST on all 32gb of ram. For my surprise I got errors quick, so I tested each stick individually and didnt get errors, tested each kit of 2 individually and again no errors. So I get errors with both kits installed even if they are identical. I did try to lower the speed of ram to 1866Mhz (8/9/9/24) with no luck, any suggestions?

Also how often does 2 kits of 2 dont work well together? Is this a sure failure or its not that common because a lot of people add more ram later on the road.

My Rig:
    FX9590
    ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA Z
    290x
    1000w p2 EVGA

I run 1kit of 2 with xmp profile 2401Mhz 10/12/12/31 1.65v with both kits installed I set the same parameters only manually. G.Skill support suggested me to lower the speed and increase the voltage. how safe is that?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kautkadnekad; 11-12-2015, 05:16 AM.

It depends on many factors, mainly when the two kits of RAM were produced. The same exact model RAM can have a matching problem, so this is why we must produce complete kits rather than selling individual modules.

Lowering frequency and boosting voltage is one way to tweak the system to see if they can work in any way.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I decided not to tweak it but return to seller. In future I will know better.

Comment

Working...
      X