XMP setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMP setting

I have a Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 mobo with G.Skill Trindent Series Ram (F3-2400C10-8GTX) and looking in the Bios for the XMP settings for the RAM, it's not listed. So How do I set up the RAM to use the XMP settings?

It is an option in BIOS/EFI. Motherboard user's manual should have information. Look for Extreme Memory Profile.

Comment

Originally posted by bassfisher6522 View Post
      I have a Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 mobo with G.Skill Trindent Series Ram (F3-2400C10-8GTX) and looking in the Bios for the XMP settings for the RAM, it's not listed. So How do I set up the RAM to use the XMP settings?
      And with the Classic interface active you find it at

> M.I.T. > Advanced Memory Settings > Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thanks for the replies....I know where to find the settings in the BIOS for both GUI and classic interface. But my question is; my RAM is not listed in either location to take advantage of the XMP settings. So what I do is manually set my RAM from default setting of 1333 mhz to 2400 mhz which is what my RAM is.

This is my RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231589

Comment

Can you please post a screenshot of the CPU-Z SPD tab?

Comment

Here you go....
            Attached Files

Comment

So the kits two XMP are available, like they should be. I don't see a reason why the UEFI would not "see" them and deny you the option to use them.

When you try to enable the XMP in the UEFI at the locations mentioned, you can not chose Profile #1 or Profile #2?

Maybe then try it with only one module installed at a time and/or reflash the BIOS?

Comment

When choosing profile 1 or 2, it shows a list of RAM that can use the XMP settings. In either profile list (1 or 2) my RAM is not listed as a choice. There's about 10 or 12 choices in each profile list and G.Skill is listed but not my particular RAM.

If I leave my RAM at default speed setting (1333mhz) and select a profile 1 or profile 2, with out selecting RAM from either list....system will not boot.

Either I don't understand/follow how this XMP works or something is messed up. I can't find any clear instructions, step by step, on how to set this up.

Comment

Success....finally I got it. My dumb *** still had the frequency setting set to a specific speed and not auto.

So now I have enabled XMP, selected profile 1 and set frequency to auto and bingo bango....it's using my RAM's XMP setting.

Thanks for all your help emissary42.

Comment

Working...
                  X