New Ram not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ram not working

GSkil F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL, Asrock H55M-LE Intel Core i3.540 @3-07GHz Clarkdale 32nm Technology

I bought a GSkil F3-12800CL9D-8GBX (2 x 4 GB) kit to update my Asrock H55M-LE , but it will not boot, it goes to the bootup selection screen then freezes, the only way out is to cut the power and try to reboot with the same result. I cannot get into Bios Setup. The computer will reboot normally with the old Ram.
    Do I have the wrong Ram, when I bought the kit I was not aware of the need for compatibility, can this ram work for me or do I have to get something else?

What type of memory did you use before?

If it was an XMP enabled kit, did you clear the CMOS before booting up with the new modules?
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Try this kit instead:

F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT

New DDR3-1600 will not work anymore because they must boot at DDR3-1600, while your CPU only supports DDR3-1333.

Comment

The old Ram is Corsair CMV4GX3M2A1333C9. (2x2Gb)
        When I bought the new Ram, I was not offered any advice by the salesman as to the possible compatibility issues that may be encounted. I took them back to the shop where they were tested and found to be OK, however because the packaging had been slightly damaged when I opened it, they would not replace or give me a refund. They offered me check of my computer, but at a big$$$ cost.

Would the GSkil guarantee cover this situation and therefore have them swapped over for the correct item? Maybe do an RMA on them.

Comment

Where are you located? Contact the RMA dept. to see if they can arrange an exchange:

North America -> rma@gskillusa.com

International -> rma@gskill.com

Comment

Working...
          X