Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm about to buy a new MB and CPU, will my Gskill RAM work with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm about to buy a new MB and CPU, will my Gskill RAM work with it?

Hey there I've run into a couple conflicting answers while searching for info.

I'm about to buy an AMD 8320E and an Asus M5A97 R2.0 motherboard. I already own 8 gigs of F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR. It's not listed in either the G-Skill or the Asus QVLs so I'm hoping someone can clue me in as to whether I can get this combo to work.

Thanks!

I once had a kit of F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR myself and in general they did work in my AMD AM3 and FM1/FM2 systems, however i have no personal experience with either FX-8320E or M5A97 R2.0. Since you already have the memory, why not just give it a shot?
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      I once had a kit of F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR myself and in general they did work in my AMD AM3 and FM1/FM2 systems, however i have no personal experience with either FX-8320E or M5A97 R2.0. Since you already have the memory, why not just give it a shot?
      Basically because I can't afford to buy new RAM on top of a new CPU/MB if it turns out that it doesn't work, so I might have to upgrade differently.

Comment

In case anyone else has the same question, the answer is that yes the combo works fine. All I had to do was enable the XMP profile in BIOS and clock settings are perfect.

Comment

score! Thanks for the update!

Comment

Working...
          X