Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with 2400MHz memory

Hi, first excuse my poor english.

I recently installed a Gigabyte Z97X UDH5 motherboard (with latest bios) and a i7 4790K CPU.

I´m using the F3-2400C10Q-16GTX memory and when i set any of the XMP profiles (1 or 2) at 2400MHZ, i have random BSOD. The memory is stable only at default settings (1600MHz) without use any XMP profile.

How can i fix this?.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ergalle; 02-19-2015, 09:52 AM.

Hello, did you remeber to set your VDIMM voltage? I believe it should be at 1.65 volts for that RAM kit.

Comment

Yes, when i choose an XMP profile (1 or 2) it automatically changes to 1.65v.

Comment

Put manual 1.65v but still BSOD and freezes.

Any ideas?

Comment

Is your CPU overclocked? What stop codes do you get when the system BSODs?

Edit: Have you already tried swapping the memory slots and testing both modules individually?
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
            Is your CPU overclocked? What stop codes do you get when the system BSODs?

Edit: Have you already tried swapping the memory slots and testing both modules individually?
            My CPU is not overclocked.

I got several different stop codes when the BSOD, not always the same.

I tested all the modules (4) with memtest for around 8 hours without errors.

Thanks.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Increase CPU VCore or DRAM Voltage a little more to see if the system can be stable.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                Do you have the latest BIOS? Increase CPU VCore or DRAM Voltage a little more to see if the system can be stable.
                Yes, i have the latest bios.

RAM Voltage is on 1.65v... what voltage do i put?

Comment

You can increase both voltages +0.02V-0.04V to see if that improves stability

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                    You can increase both voltages +0.02V-0.04V to see if that improves stability
                    Tested and still the same. I always have problems with G.Skill memory. I had another G.Skill kit before this and also with a lot of problems.
                    Last edited by ergalle; 02-19-2015, 02:05 PM.

Comment

This has solution?... any way to fix this?... or maybe do i need to change the memory kit directly to another brand?.

Thanks.
                      Last edited by ergalle; 02-20-2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ergalle View Post
                        I got several different stop codes when the BSOD, not always the same.
                        Are these memory related at all? Because that

Originally posted by ergalle View Post
                        I tested all the modules (4) with memtest for around 8 hours without errors.
                        makes it kinda unlikely (even though it is still possible).

So what stop codes did you actually get?

Comment

All the stop codes are memory related.

If i test the memory with memtest with the XMP profiles enabled (1 or 2), then memtest detect errors. Only when i use the memory with other speed (1600 for example) memtest and Windows are fine.

Thanks.

Comment

Did you try testing each module individually at XMP settings in one of the recommended slots?

If all sticks seem fail their specifications than it is usually a MB issue, but if only one stick fails (in any slot) then it is probably a faulty module.

Comment

I´m done with G.Skill. I will take this out and buy a Corsair kit.

Thanks for the help.
                              Last edited by ergalle; 02-22-2015, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X