X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best option to maximize RAM on Z77?

Motherboard:ASRock Z77 Professional-M
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3770

Memory: Not sure. I assumed it was F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL but the sticker (see attached image) on each says F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL so I guess it's two separate kits?

I have 2 empty slots remaining in which I would like to add the most possible memory. Is it possible to add F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL to increase my total RAM to 24gb?

You can try, but timings will need to be at least 10 or 11 for the two kits to possibly work together in the same system. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Technically it will be 3 kits

Excuse my newbness, but are timings something that I can modify myself? Since my sticks have a latency of 9-9-9-24 (I assume that's what you're referring to).

Comment

Yes, there is a timings page in BIOS that you can set the 4 main timings.

tCL - tRCD - tRP - tRAS

Comment

Actually, wouldn't the F3-1600C9D-16GXM be a better match for the F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL since they both have CL9-9-9-24? Or are they incompatible?

Comment

Most likely you'll need to replace all the RAM. The original modules are 2012, much different than they are now in 2015.

Comment

Great success

So far everything seems to work perfectly. I have a full 24 GB working. Is there anything in particular I need to check?

I've attached a screenshot from Speccy.
              Last edited by Imon; 03-01-2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Phenomenal! Good to hear. They are running at DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 1.50V, maybe you can try DDR3-1600? see if it is possible to be stable.

Comment

So I did the change to 1600. The only problem seems to be on boot, my computer always has to try exactly 3 times. It starts up, shuts down after 5 seconds, starts up again, shuts down again and finally starts up to boot properly.

I'm guessing this is not a good sign. What can I do to fix this?

Comment

Post some pictures of CPU and memory settings so we can see what's going on.

Comment

[IMG]
                      upload image online[/IMG]
                      [IMG]
                      image hosting over 5mb[/IMG]
                      [IMG]
                      upload pic[/IMG]
                      [IMG]
                      adult image host[/IMG]
                      [IMG]
                      image upload no registration[/IMG]
                      [IMG]
                      picture sharing[/IMG]
                      [IMG]
                      free image host[/IMG]

Comment

Increase DRAM Voltage to see if that helps

Also, how come you are increasing BCLK instead of CPU Ratio.

What does DRAM Frequency show?
                        You may be overclocking the DRAM Frequency too high that is has to reset BIOS to default every time before boot.

Comment

Increasing DRAM voltage did not work.

Also, I don't know about BCLK or CPU ratio. I just have the latter set to Auto.

Maybe I should set everything in my BIOS to default?

I looked at my RAM on on Speccy and the DRAM Frequency says 666.5 MHz. Shouldn't it be much higher?

Comment

What does it show in CPUz?

Manually set the RAM to DDR3-1600 in BIOS.

Comment

Working...
                            X