Question on part numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on part numbers

hey all, qq about part numbers, hoping someone here can help.

I've got 2x4GB in my system already of these: F3-14900CL9S-4GBXL.

I ordered these: F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL thinking they were the same just a package of two.

Are these the same RAM?

F3-14900CL9S-4GBXL
    and
    F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL

?

Thanks

One is a single stick of 4GB and the other is a Dual channel kit(two dimms) of 4GB.

Leaving you with 3 dimms which you would only use if running a older triple channel Intel CPU.

Comment

So basically they are the exact same ram, and the part number is the kit itself, one is a kit with 1 stick the other with 2 sticks?

Also, as I said, I have two F3-14900CL9S-4GBXL already in the system, and it's running in dual-channel mode.

So I can add the two sticks from the F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL kit because they are the same RAM correct?

I don't want to open the F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL package if it's not compatible with the two sticks I already have of F3-14900CL9S-4GBXL.

Basically, are they compatible?
      Last edited by jb3234; 12-25-2014, 12:41 PM.

Comment

In a nut shell yes. They are basically the same but with 1 being single and the other being 2 dimms.

I would not put two separate dimms together and instead use the two matched sticks in the single kit. They are set up and matched together.

Should you run into any issues with mixing what is basically 3 kits of ram. Always go back to the dual stick kit.

Comment

Thanks for the help so far.

I'm a bit confused on what you're saying though. If they are identical then they should work.

I don't understand why you are saying otherwise? you can use 4 sticks same RAM together, my mobo has 4 slots.

Comment

ok just installed the RAM, was able to open the package w/out ruining it so I thought why not.

it works beautifully, 16GB RAM now, made a nice difference in AC Unity.

thanks for the help Priller.

Comment

Working...
            X