Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL + Gigabyte GA990FXA-UD3 Rev. 1.1 + AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2GHz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL + Gigabyte GA990FXA-UD3 Rev. 1.1 + AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2GHz

I just added a matching set of 2x4gb sticks to a running setup to go from 8 to 16 gigs. I had the other set at 9-9-9-24 @ 1600 working with no problems, but when I put the new set in, it wouldn't post. Took the old set out and put the new set in their place to check the dimm slots and it posts but gives me a message saying the settings are causing problems (still in bios). So I change it back to auto RAM settings and it boots up fine...but it hangs a little bit before the post screen comes up - like 10 seconds - which it's never done before. Run memtest86, no errors. I slowly move the settings back to 9-9-9-24 to see where it goes wrong, but then the error message never comes back (weird). I put the old sticks back in the open slots and it still boots fine and memtest clears w/out issue, except it's still hanging before booting (long enough that the monitor goes into standby, and it sometimes skips the boot message screen). Not a huge deal but I'm just wondering if there's a bigger underlying issue due to the other oddities. I upped the CPU-NB voltage +0.10 because of the suggestions here to do that and still no change.

Thanks for all the great support here. You guys are awesome - our last 4 builds have all gotten gskill memory.

Try the RAM at DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V

Also, do you have the latest BIOS?

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Try the RAM at DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V

Also, do you have the latest BIOS?
      Oh yeah, I did update the BIOS to see if that would help - no change.

I gave that speed/timing combo a shot, still the same thing - runs fine and totally stable but still hangs before POST just the same. It's not really a major issue except for adding a little time to reboot/startup.

Comment

Very strange, you're always welcome to send them in to see if a new kit works better.

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Comment

Working...
        X