No announcement yet.

GIGABYTE GA-G41M-Combo and G.SKILL AEGIS 4 GB RAM PC DDR3 1333 compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIGABYTE GA-G41M-Combo and G.SKILL AEGIS 4 GB RAM PC DDR3 1333 compatibility

My PC Have:

- GIGABYTE GA-G41M-Combo LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    - G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ DDR2 800 Memory (1024MBx2)
    - Intel Core2Duo E7300 CPU

I want to upgrade my memory to 4-8 GB But I don't know my Mother Board are compatibility with G.SKILL AEGIS 4 GB RAM PC DDR3/1333 RAM.

Please help me !!!!!!

Thanks

No, you need DDR2 if it is DDR2 motherboard.

Comment

No my motherboard can use DDR3 too but I don't know it will compatibility with this G.SKILL AEGIS 4 GB.

this my motherboard
      http://th.gigabyte.com/products/prod...px?pid=4213#ov

Comment

All the 2x4GB Aegis kits we got shipped were single sided. However there are no single sided 4gb sticks on the memory QVL for that board. So you probably have to look for a double sided kit and these are kinda rare nowadays. Do you have the chance to buy at a local shop and specifically ask for a double sided kit?

Most online shops, especially the larger ones, won't be able to help you with that.

Maybe GSKILL TECH has a recommendation for you?
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Yea, I missed the 'combo' part. For DDR3, this is the kit to get:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-424-_-Product

Comment

Originally posted by Poramon View Post
            My PC Have:

- GIGABYTE GA-G41M-Combo LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
            - G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ DDR2 800 Memory (1024MBx2)
            - Intel Core2Duo E7300 CPU

I want to upgrade my memory to 4-8 GB But I don't know my Mother Board are compatibility with G.SKILL AEGIS 4 GB RAM PC DDR3/1333 RAM.

Please help me !!!!!!

Thanks

bro this is your lucky day i have the solution just minutes ago i do answer my solution in the forum of Gigabyte :

I have the same motherboard GA-G41M-COMBO and also I had the same problem, i did buy two memory moduls ADATA AXDU1333GB2G9-3G, just i do think this kind of memory will be working fine in my motherboard because are inside of specs of Mobo.

Here's what happened i did install the two new modules of DDR3 ADATA 1333 and the motherboard just can not boot anything this just kept beeping without any possibility of go inside of BIOS, and then like there was not way to select some option like *Default Settings*, so I assumed than i should delete the BIOS settings through CLR_CMOS jumper and so I try (and even retire the battery) but it did not work and the mobo kept beeping after the clearing of settings, the which is something very strange as this motherboard should support DDR3.

But then happened something very strange here, you see how before i was using two modules of DDR2 both of 1GB and like this still work for my I do have the idea of do downgrade to another bios one older than the last than i do have flashed in the mobo and after of make this and only so finally the motherboar was capable of can boot with the new memory DDR3.

To here that was my solution, but then i do assume something will be wrong with the last bios provided by gigabyte and to confirm this i just think i was be easy prove just i will reflash again the last bios with the new DDR3 Modules working and after this the Motherboard logically would not boot and so i make it, but I had a big surprise when this time with the bios than before cant get work now it do work nicely..

Someone understand where was the problem, but all this was my sulution hope to someone this info be useful... =)

Sorry for my poor inglish, cheersss!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X