F3-10666-CL7-4GBHX Ram in new Z97 motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666-CL7-4GBHX Ram in new Z97 motherboard

I am long time PC user and I am finally back to build myself a long overdue new rig.
    Anyway I bought 16 gigs of this ram some years ago and I am using them in my AMD 965BE setup.
    I would like to use this ram in new MPower Z97 MSI board with a Hazwell 4790 which I just purchased. It seems like the ram is compatible according to a few of those lists by the motherboard maker.
    Would any one give advice on which settings would be the best for these?

I never had an Intel board after 1986, so I have to learn a thing or two..

Would this ram be just barely OK for this setup, or would they do just fine..
    Scraping up the cash for a new rig can get expensive, I have to do it part by part.
    I have an old? Samsung SSD and a new case coming.
    Thanks

Is this a F3-10666CL7D-4GBXH or the F3-10666CL7D-8GBXH kit?

Either should run just fine, but 4GB might be a bit sparse nowadays.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

4 sticks of 4 gigs each.
      16 gigs total - quad channel kit

Comment

Enable XMP, or manually input the settings as shown on the memory kit and packaging. Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Thank you
          I will be putting the new rig together this weekend, I'll post back the results.
          After I get it up and running I may tweak it up some.
          I have Noctua NH D14 air cooler that I am using now and I bought some extra case fans for the new Fractal Full tower case.
          I hope I don't have to go the route of de-lidding the cpu to get some extra speed.
          This new chip should knock the bejeebers out of the old 965BE I am using now..

oh!!.. any recommendations on the voltage for this ram.. I believe I have the ram presently running at 1.5 volts like it was packaged for..
          I could be mistaken though..
          Last edited by Julio; 10-28-2014, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Using the XMP takes care of setting the voltage appropriately and you're right, it is a 1.5V kit.

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-10666cl7q-16gbxh
            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
            X