Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws 4gb shows as 8gb

hello

I have bought ( as i thought ) two identical ripjaws for my setup , both of them should be 4gb 1333 but as soon i instaled them i have seen that one bar shows as 8gb in bios.

Then in windows it shows total of 12gb but 8 usable. Aida and Cpu-z shows the same.

I know this might not be a problem at all but its just frustrating. Is there a way to fix this or to set up manualy ? Its not cheapest RAM arround , and i just expect them to be what i paid for.

Also im interested in why is this happening , is that motherboard or factory issue?

Motherboard : Asrock 960GC-GS FX
    2x4GB Ripjaws F3-10666CL9-4GBRL

Slot 1 shows as PC3-10700

Slot 2 shows as PC3-10700H

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Keyboardman; 09-22-2014, 04:41 AM. Reason: Link fix

Do you have them installed in the black slots?

Swap them around, they should both recognize as 4GB each, 8GB total. Can you post a picture of where you see 8GB?

As long as the system has ~8GB useable, it should be fine. You can also check in system performance of task manager.

Comment

Thank you for reply , yes they are in black slots as yellows are DDR2. I did try to swap them and the one currently in slot 2 shows 8gb in bios in both slot 1 and 2 when swapped, the other one is fine.

First picture shows 12Ggb ( 7,75 useable ) , you can see some speeds and the PC3-10700 vs PC3-10700H so they are clearly not the same as they should be .. whats wrong with the one in slot2 i have really no idea , but yea im fine ... it works , i just have feeling that i bought faulty ram thats it.

Last edited by Keyboardman; 09-22-2014, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I think the BIOS may be recognizing it incorrectly, but as long as 8GB is available to the operating system, and the system is stable, everything should be OK. You have lifetime warranty so even if there is an issue later, you can send them in for new ones.

Comment

Working...
        X