Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A10 5750m 1866mhz Not Working

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion G7 2317cl. Since I've had it, about a year, I have upgraded most of the compnonents. PNY Pro SSD, switched out the A8 4500m for an A10 5750m, and put it 8GB of G.Skill 1866mhz RAM. Originally the RAM was a single 1600mhz stick. What I have now is model F3-1866C10D-8GRSL.

The RAM does not operate at the 1866mhz speed. Using CPU-z, or AMD overdrive, it is reported as running at 1600mhz. Why won't it work at 1866mhz?

I have seen other forums where someone upgraded to the same a10 5750m and their RAM worked. I have heard things about the JEDEC rating, BIOS configurations...

On that point, I am using the F.26 BIOS.

Help! lol. Would love to have it working, or at least know why it won't.

Do you have the latest BIOS?

The other person used DDR3-1866 CL10?

Comment

Yes it was CL10. Here is a link to his page: http://forum.notebookreview.com/hard...hland-apu.html

Should it matter that he has an engineering sample chip? The CPU World page on the a10 5750m indicates that it is indeed compatible with 1866mhz ram, I would assume that is a standard chip...

In terms of the BIOS, idk. I went to the HP support page on the BIOS and followed their instructions. Step 4 is below.

4. "If a BIOS category is listed, click the plus sign (+) to expand the category.
      If a BIOS category is not listed on the Web page, the original BIOS version already on the computer might be the latest available."

How would I find out if it isn't the latest?

Comment

To clarify, no BIOS update option was available after following their process. Also, if it helps, the full BIOS version I have is: Insyde F.26, 2/21/2013.

Comment

Working...
        X