No announcement yet.

Very loose tertiary timing Trident X 2600/8GB running at 2600MHz with Haswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very loose tertiary timing Trident X 2600/8GB running at 2600MHz with Haswell

I recently upgraded my rig from Z77+3770K to Z97+4790K and found out that my Trident X 2600/8GB Dual Ch Kit performs worst at 2600MHz than 2400MHz. So I started google-ing and learned that tertiary timing could serious impact performance. It was on Auto both 2400MHz and 2600MHz.

So I checked the 3rd timing at 2400MHz and 2600MHz and found out that it's pretty loose at 2600MHz. I tried several combination and gained huge memory performance increase at the expense of stability.

Please let me know the "recommended" 3rd timing for Trident X 8GB/2600 running at 2600MHz with Haswell.

That is normal, they will be looser for high speed. Did you enable XMP?

You can test to see how long they can go before instability

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Tertiary Timings are not part of the XMP, the boards will set them by itself. Some boards do a better job a very high clocks than others. You can however always fine tune them manually. Maybe your IMC can also do the tertiaries from 2400 at 2600. Might as well just give it a shot. If it doesn't work out, try to close in on them from the boards defaults tertiaries for 2600.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
      X