Issues posting after cold boot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues posting after cold boot.

So I bought the F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH set of memory from Newegg and I absolutely love them! I saw a noticeable increase in performance from my old Mushkin 1600mhz set.

But here is the issue. I don't usually don't my computer off but sometimes I do when I dust it out or if a storm cut the power out and caused my computer to turn off over night.

But when I have to boot from a cold boot my computer just doesn't post. I don't see anything show up. No BIOS, no nothing. My computer requires multiple restarts to finally catch on then it starts up. After it has booted my computer runs silky smooth. No Blue screens, crashes, nothing, even during Prime95.

Now I believe this to be an issue with the ram or with my motherboard but I'm not sure. My friend bought the same pair of sticks and he also has a similar board as what I have, which is the Asrock Z67 extreme3 gen3.

I use the XMP profile and I have my 2600k overclocked to 4.5ghz. I just use the multiplier and upped the voltage. Nothing else was changed, or at least I don't remember changing anything else, when I overclocked.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Anyone have a solution? Does this require changes in my BIOS to allow for more power to my ram or board? I'm not sure =\

If you guys need anymore information on my build or BIOS settings please let me know

Try manually setting the DRAM Voltage slightly higher to see how that works. If you continue to have a problem, feel free to send them in for RMA exchange to see if a new kit works better.

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X