Cannot activate XMP profile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot activate XMP profile.

Hi everyone. I am having an issue enabling the XMP profile on a 16GB (4GB x 4) set of RIPJAWS that I purchased 2 weeks ago. The set that I purchased was F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL. The kit is advertised to be XMP ready and to run at 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5v. All the sticks are recognized without issues. Whenever I enable the XMP profile, my computer enters a boot loop and it never reaches the Windows startup. This is the screen I keep getting:

Pressing Y sends me back into the BIOS and pressing N restarts the computer and after a little while, this screen comes back again.

Things I have tried:
    • I tried tinkering with the settings manually to get the ram to run at 1600 9-9-9-24. No luck.
    • I have tried to reset the CMOS and reenable XMP and the same thing happens.
    • I also tried to remove a stick and see if I could get it to work with 12GB and no luck there as well.

The best I could get it to is 1333Mhz 8-8-8-24. It is running perfectly, even under a load. I have not experienced a single crash or blue screen. This is unacceptable to me since I purchased this kit for the 1600Mhz speed. These are the settings that are working:

Just for reference, here is the XMP profile that I am trying to activate:

Prior to this, I had a 6GB Corsair kit running on XMP with no issues for the past 3 years.

Here are my specs:
    • CPU: Intel i7 960 @ 3.20Ghz (stock clocks)
    • Motherboard: Intel DX58SO (triple channel board. Max ram support: 16GB. Max DDR3 RAM speed: 1600mhz.)
    • GPU: Geforce 660 GTX Ti
    • PPU: Geforce 460 GTX
    • Power: 800W Corsair

How can I get this RAM to run at its advertised speed? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I had to bump my voltage up to 1.52 on this motherboard. On another one it was 1.53v.

XMP never did work for me either.

Comment

As you can see, the tRFC setting is strangely being set too low. Raise it upwards of 208 and it should work better.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        As you can see, the tRFC setting is strangely being set too low. Raise it upwards of 208 and it should work better.
        The tRFC setting does not go above 140. I have tried it on 139 with the XMP clocks and it still does not boot up.

Comment

It is quite possible that a tRFC of 139 is too tight for your kit, especially if it is single sided.
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

QPI/Uncore Voltage should not be 1.550V, it is too high. Set it to AUTO or 1.10V.

Try raising other timings to see if it may work better.

tRRD 6
            tWTR 7
            tRTP 7
            tRC 42

Don't use XMP since it appears to be incorrect.

Try manual settings to see if it woks better.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

QPI/Uncore Voltage should not be 1.550V, it is too high. Set it to AUTO or 1.10V.

Try raising other timings to see if it may work better.

tRRD 6
              tWTR 7
              tRTP 7
              tRC 42

Don't use XMP since it appears to be incorrect.

Try manual settings to see if it woks better.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH
              I tried the settings that you suggested. I entered them manually. Still no luck.

Comment

Did you try them with max tRFC? I forgot to mention that since emissary42 already did.

Comment

Did you try them with max tRFC? I forgot to mention that since emissary42 already did.
                  I have tried it with the tRFC setting at 139. I have not tried 140, yet.

Comment

Try a triple channel kit to see if it works better:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-358-_-Product

The RMA dept. should be able to send you a single module for 16GB.

A triple channel kit will have a different memory profile that should work better for the X58 chipset it was designed for.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X