F3-12800cl9d-4gbnq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl9d-4gbnq

My PC has a Gigabyte Mainboard GA-P55A-UD4, bought January 2010 together with a pair GSkill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ.
    It was not possible, to use the XMP-Profile, probably because the RAM was not programmed with the usable data. Set SPD to auto, they run wit 1333 MHz and CL 9-9-9-24
    Now a bought another PAir of the same RAM to increase the capacity.
    I tested this pair alone in dual-channel mode and to my surprise the xmp-profile is now available and works with this pair.
    I didn't yet try the combination of the two pairs, because i'm not sur, how to proceed.
    Which setting can and should i use for the combination? Tty the xmp-profile of the new pair or using lower settings?
    Would by fine, if you could help me.

Give it a shot to see how it works.

You can leave XMP enable with full slots to see how that works, but technically you should manually input the DRAM Frequency, timings, and voltage. If it has a problem at DDR3-1600, try DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V

Keep us posted on the result!

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Sorry, but it's not possible to use the XMP-profile option in combination with the old and new RAM- set, because it's not offered in bios. Only if i use the new pair the XMP is shown.
      The offered jedec-profiles of the two sets are very different. See the attachement "spd".
      I tried the settings of the XMP-profile for all, but it was stable and i got bluescreens.
      So i set the multiplier for all four RAM's on 10x= 1333 MHz and the other settings on auto.
      The result is shown in the attachement "actual settings"
      Is there a chance to make it faster?
      Or should i leave it as it is?
      Nevertheless i'm astonished, that there are so great different profiles between these two pairs.
      Attached Files

Comment

Did you try the DDR3-1333 settings I mentioned? Those will probably be best.

The DDR3 standard has changed quite a bit since 2010.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I tried the suggested settings : 1333 MHz and 8-8-8-24
          It semms to work well.
          Thank you.
          But i would like to Know, what are the changes in the DDR 3- standard since 2010?
          Can you please tell me?

Comment

pre-2011 it was DDR3-1333 CL9, 2011-now it is DDR3-1600 CL11.

The SPD info and standard values have all changed, but as long as you manually input settings it should be fine.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X