F3-12800CL7D-8GBXM with P8Z77-V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-8GBXM with P8Z77-V

I am looking for an 8GB memory kit for an Asus P8Z77-V motherboard.

The F3-12800CL7D-8GBXM looks interesting but even though they are officially compatible, I see too many reports of it not working with that motherboard (nere, on newegg, etc.)

What's the verdict?

The CL7 kit is a bit exotic maybe, but a very good performer with lots of overclocking potential and should be compatible with almost any LGA1150/LGA1155 motherboard, especially those from the big fishes (ASRock, ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI). On default settings they will run as DDR3-1333 CL9, then all you have to do is enable the XMP and thats it.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      The CL7 kit is a bit exotic maybe, but a very good performer with lots of overclocking potential and should be compatible with almost any LGA1150/LGA1155 motherboard, especially those from the big fishes (ASRock, ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI). On default settings they will run as DDR3-1333 CL9, then all you have to do is enable the XMP and thats it.
      I understand that this is the official position but I have seen quite a number of reports about P8Z77-V boards not recognizing the CL7 kit at all, which prevents the system from POSTing (and by extension enabling XMP).

For example, go to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231536 and sort reviews by "lowest first"
      There are 3 reports of these sticks not working with the mobo. One had to use a different stick (which I don't have) in order to make it POST and tweak BIOS settings.

So I hope you understand my concern.

Comment

Originally posted by alexo View Post
        I understand that this is the official position but I have seen quite a number of reports about P8Z77-V boards not recognizing the CL7 kit at all, which prevents the system from POSTing (and by extension enabling XMP).
        I never had that happen a single time with hundreds of kits tested. And thats with anything from super low latency to super high speed. Also ASUS P8Z77-V should have a MemOK button, that helps around memory related POST problems / enhances compatibility with all sorts of memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9azllBzU5PU

So, getting into the UEFI to enable the XMP should be a piece of cake.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

There is no problem at all with that memory kit, motherboard, and CPU. Some people expect it to be plug and play at the performance settings but RAM above standard is never plug and play. Must enable the XMP profile or manually input settings.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X