Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2800C12Q XMP not working

I have a new Asus Z97-Pro with F3-2800C12Q-16GTXDG
    The system wont boot if XMP is selected (at default values)
    I am only able to get a stable boot at 2200, can someone from G.Skill please help with settings to at least get the base 2800 (or higher ideally) speeds?
    Thanks!

Got it working... added 0.021v to the system agent and 0.02v to the analog and digital i/o volts.
    I wish XMP just worked.
    Any recommendations from the Gskill crew on settings for this ram?

Comment

It's not easy to achieve such high frequency. Not having to manually input each setting and test voltages is already a luxury. This is DDR3-2800, at the maximum limits of performance, so it is expected to make some changes for the system to be completely stable.

If the system is stable now, you should leave it as is.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Cybertronic View Post
        I wish XMP just worked.
        For memory of this high speed the success without manual tweaking voltages varies a lot from motherboard to motherboard. I had good success with high end memory and auto voltages with the ASRock OC Formula models, ASUS Maximus series and GIGABYTE (S)OC-series. Also these boards actually have custom memory OC profiles, for DDR3-2800/3000/3200, so they are probably somewhat optimized for higher frequency memory in general.

Originally posted by Cybertronic View Post
        Any recommendations from the Gskill crew on settings for this ram?
        If you got it running stable with just raising VCCSA and IO(A/d) then i think you're good. These are the expected / needed adjustments, that you will find in every Haswell (memory) OC tutorial out there.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X