F3-1600C9D-16GXM (8gbx2) + Gigabyte X79-UP4 + i7 4820K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1600C9D-16GXM (8gbx2) + Gigabyte X79-UP4 + i7 4820K

I install the RAM and set profile 1. Windows 8.1 x64 loads up and shows everything correctly, RAM running at 1600. Prime95 runs for hours with no errors.

I start playing Battlefield 4 and after 7-8 minutes it locks up hard. I have to push the reset button. With the RAM running at 1333 there is no problem, I can play BF4 for hours.

I checked the settings that the XMP profile set and it's all what it's supposed to be. Any ideas?

Which slots do you have the memory installed in? Very strange, do you have the latest BIOS? Send me pictures and I can take a look to see if anything is incorrect.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

The RAM is in slots 1 and 2 as per the manual for dual channel RAM.

On my last AMD system with a Gigabyte board I just remembered that I had to set the voltage to 1.53 (profile set it to 1.50) to get it to run at rated speed. I thought it was a Corsair "thing", but it's looking like a Gigabyte "thing".

I upped the voltage to 1.52 and the DDR Channel A/B voltage loadline calibration to 40% and I've been able to play 4 rounds in a row in BF4 with no problems.

Are those settings OK?

Comment

Yes, that's perfectly fine.

The actual supplied voltage may be different than what it is set to, but as long as the system is stable, all is well.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X