Sabertooth 990FX R2.0+F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL+AMD 9370 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabertooth 990FX R2.0+F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL+AMD 9370 Issues

First off, let me say that I built several machines in the past, and I have never ran into issues like I am having with this combination. On another note, I do not overclock because I just do not know enough about all the multipliers/voltages and how it all works together. So I know my limitations.

So the big issue here is stability. The MB sees my memory at 1333, so I know this is an issue that will need to be addressed manually. I followed Gskill_Tech's guide and to get me started and I still have the same issues. I look at the QVL for the MB and of course I do not see my flavor of memory called out. I also used G.Skill's memory compatibility tool and it says to use 4x4Gb dimms of 1600 DDR3 to achieve 16 Gig of memory for this MB.

I should mention that I purchased this combination of components through Newegg. I was worried about the QVL, but they insisted it should work. Based on what I have read on the forums here, it looks like it should work. I manually set my memory to 10-10-10-30 1.5v @1600-DDR3. Also using Gskill_Tech's guide, I set my CPU-NB freq to 2400MHz as well as the HT link freq to 2400Mhz. I also bumped the NB voltage to 1.2v from 1.1v.

At this point, I am at a loss. I have ran memtest for 24 hours with no errors. I actually called Asus to have them help me walk through the bios setting for my memory, but that ended up saying my MB was bad, so I have the new one installed with the same issues. I am not surprised. Lastly, I did update the bios to the latest as it's notes stated that it resolves stability issues.

In short, I am looking for some help/guidance with this. Thank you all in advance!

Enable DOCP under AI Overclock Tuner and see how that works.

NB Frequency does not need to be increased for this CPU. Leave it to AUTO.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

GSKILL_TECH, Thank you for responding! I tried DOCP early on and the profile it gave me seemed correct, but the timing settings were off for my memory. It assigned 11-11-11-28 1T, when my memory should be 10-10-10-30 2T. I also encountered some freezing, so I moved away from it and manually set it. At this point I took your advice on putting NB freq back to auto. I am manually set for 1600MHz with timing @ 10-10-10-30 2T @ 1.5v and things seem okay for the moment. I have ran Prime 95 for about 10 minutes and everything seems stable. I guess time will tell. I will keep the forum posted.

Comment

I thought I was on my way to stability, but now I am randomly encountering PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSODs. Rerunning MEMTEST on the individual DIMMs again to see if I get any errors.

Comment

Still no luck resolving this issue. Memtest does not error at all on either stick, so without a doubt, this has to be a configuration, or incompatibility issue. I currently have both 8 gig dimms in slot A2 and B2 per Asus MB documentation. Since it is XMP, I have docp set for 1600 MHz, but i manually adjusted its profile timings it assigned 11-11-11-28 1T to what my memory specifies which is 10-10-10-30 2T. Everything else is auto. What I would really like to know from the forum is, according to the QVL for my Asus MB, it only specifies 4 gig dimms for 1600 MHz memory from GSkill, and I of course have 2x8 gig dimms. Theoretically i should have no issues, but do you think this could be my main instability issue? I am almost at the point of returning the memory for exact GSkill dimms that are on the QVL.

What do you think?

Comment

Working...
          X