Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10600CL9D-16GBNT+asrock h87 pro 4

Hi All

I got great help here for a problem before 5 years now. I am back for more good advice and help.
    Asrock H87 Pro4 Bios ver 1.90 most up to date on board when i got it.
    Gskill F3-10600CL9D-16GBNT
    Samsung 840 120gb ssd
    Western digital 2tb
    Gigabyte gtx 660 2GB
    Shakroon 600W psw
    windows 7 home P and updated some drivers.

Now since they took it home the memory is playing up.( i think thats the issue)

They machine after taking it home turn on but straight off not getting to bios just fan spin then off.

So i took out one memory chip and booted fine. Reseated memory chip again and booted fine.

If has been on and off not booting.

So motherboard is Asrock H87 Pro4 Bios version is 1.90 which is most up to date I didnt update to this.
    Memory Gskill F3-10600CL9D-16GBNT (which is not on the memory compatibility list)

We had memory in slot 1 and slot 3 then for some reason only showing 8gb.
    Moved memory to slot 2 and 4 16gb showing.

Then machine went back to not booting.

I have the person running memtest on one stick for 5 hours on 1 stick at a time to see if errors.

I checked the bios i remember for the timing at all looked fine on default detect but never saw the volts i dont think.

Any help and advice on this would be good.

Found this link on Gskill and H87 Pro 4 is on the list of motherboards
    http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-10600cl9d-16gbnt-

Thanks
    John
    Last edited by jhud; 04-16-2014, 03:15 AM. Reason: graphic card

Got a start error

The following Channel memory did not pass cpu memory please remove the memory then plug again
    Channel A

with 4 beeps

Comment

When testing individually, both modules still have this problem?

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I finally got my hands on the machine.

So i cleared CMOS changed the pci-e to auto it was on Gen 1 as Gen 2 never worked before CMOS clear.

Reseated heat sink on processor.

Reseated Graphic card now all 16GB of ram showing too in windows and machine after a combination of restarts and shutdowns has no issues.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Its back again
          Started up this morning had a beep then tried to start 3 times then 4 beeps and starts with the warning again of The following Channel memory did not pass cpu memory please remove the memory then plug again
          Channel A
          With 4 beeps can anyone help.

Funny thing was when this happened the memory windows saw was only 8gb but when i ran cpuz it showed 16gb 8 in each slot a2 and b2 Strange

Comment

Raise the DRAM Voltage a little bit, set it to 1.550V or 1.60V and see if that is better.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Without making the changes you have recommended i had changed the pci-e to Gen 1 and machine worked for a week now back to this again getting the machine this week so will test this on it and let you know.

Thanks
              John

Comment

Working...
              X