Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR kits together

Hello

I've been running a F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR 2x4GB kit for a while now and figured one can always use more memory so I bought the same kit for the second time. However these two kits (a F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR and a F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR) don't seem to be working together at all. My previous motherboard with a 990FX could detect them all at the same time but only could use the 8GB and my current motherboard with a Z87 won't even boot with both kits installed. Both kits work individually, but not together, so there really isn't a reason for an RMA either.

I did try running them @ 1600MHz and even 1066 on the AMD with no improvement but since I can't even get to UEFI with the Intel I'm guessing there isn't much to do?

Only a single kit of RAM should be installed in each system. Issues can occur when pairing multiples. If you need 16GB, use a single 16GB kit and you should have no problem at all.

With a fully matched kit from factory, configure settings in BIOS then the system should run smoothly at DDR3-1866. (if a capable CPU is used).

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

Yeah, I'm slowly figuring out that adding memory to an existing DDR3 configuration is problematic to say the least. There was about a year between buying of the kits and the AMD mobo reported some timing differences between them. Another addition to the ever growing pile of unused computer parts, but that pile has been piling since the nineties so no worries there.

Comment

Good thing about RAM is it doesn't really get old for a while. People still use DDR even though it is 20 years old. So if you really want, you can sell any RAM that is no longer used.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X