• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory kits compatibility question.

I have the following system:

Model of the motherboard: ASUS P7P55D LE
    Model of the memory: F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM
    Model of the CPU: i5 750 @3.2GHz cooled by a Noctua NH-U9B SE2

The aforementioned RAM kit as been running flawlessly @1600MHz 9-9-9-24 @1.5V for the past 4 years. Now I would like to add another 4GB to my system.
    I would like to know if there is any problem in using this kit (F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ), since it's rated for the specs I currently use and I could use it's low profile. Are there any known issues, or can I be confident the system will run ok?
    Should I just go for another kit like my current one and try and cook something up with my CPU cooler fan placement?

Thanks in advance to any contribution.

If you want 8GB memory without the usual compatibility questions that come up with mixing different memory kits, then i would would advise you to just get a 2x4GB kit and replace your F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM altogether.

Mixing F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM and F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ @ DDR3-1600 CL9 might work, but there is no guarantee for it (at least without manual tweaking timings/voltages).
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

I've considered that solution as well, but I'm trying to go the cheaper way.
      Perhaps it's not worth the potential trouble. I'll think about it. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X