Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - Memtest Errors + BSODs + App Crashes. Should I RMA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - Memtest Errors + BSODs + App Crashes. Should I RMA?

Hey guys,

My PC has been BSODing frequently since a last few months. The browsers and games crash frequently too. I ran memtest 86+. I got a lot of errors. But the number of errors I get each time is different. I ran individual sticks too. But got errors.

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-12800cl9d-4gbrl

One interesting thing is, once in a while, the memtest doesn't show any errors.

A couple of days back, I changed the Command Rate from 1T(auto) to 2T and ran memtest 86 for 8.5 hours. I didn't get any errors. But today, I have started to get back the errors. Going by my past experience, the errors seem to become more and more over time gradually.

Also, if I run both the sticks, I see errors only in 2228-2229MB range.
    With 1 stick, it's in 1114MB range.

Should I send the sticks for RMA? My only fear is that, when the GSkill guys at RMA test the sticks and if they don't see any errors(like it happens in my case once in a while), they'll send it back and I'll have to pay for return shipping as well. Please help.

Images
    1. Errors with both sticks
    2. Errors with single stick
    3. No errors with single stick
    4. No errors with both sticks after changing command rate
    5. Current RAM settings
    6. SPD Values

PC Specs
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4 GHz
    MSI 790GX-G65
    Corsair VX550W PSU

PS I'm from India. My sticks are 3.5 years old. I tried contacting my dealer for replacement. He said lifetime warranty = 3 years:O He's trying to cheat me right?
    Last edited by amdx4; 02-09-2014, 04:11 AM.

Did you configure any settings in BIOS? Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1333, DRAM Timings tCL 8 - tRCD 8 - tRP 8 - tRAS 24, DRAM Voltage 1.50V and see how each module works. If one performs differently, or unstable, send them in for RMA exchange. The G.Skill Taiwan office can take care of it right away.

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Even if there is nothing wrong with the modules, we will send you new modules in hopes to get your computer running smoothly.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X