No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL + P5Q3-Deluxe w/ X3360, No boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I have started the RMA process. It's so weird that this ram wouldn't work, my system is almost identical to to some builds on the forums here.

IIRC, GSKILL TECH tested this ram on the same hardware and confirmed that it booted, yet the P45 chipset only officially supports 8gb of DDR3 ram, and 16gb on DDR2 platforms, something about 128x8 memory ICs, or something. here's a link to the pdf

jump to page 4 and you can see it right there, two separate max ram amounts for DDR3/2. despite this fact, multiple users here have made it work, so what am I doing wrong?

Comment

DDR3 standards have changed, may be a compatibility issue with older motherboards, but hopefully the DDR3-1333 kit will work fine.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have received a pair of F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL in the mail, but I'm not sure if it's a replacement, or the same sticks I sent them. Regardless, they do not work. I will attempt an RMA replacement for a set of F3-10666CL9Q-16GBRL.

Comment

Exchange for two of these kit:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231424

Many of the RipJaws series and newer RAM are single sided RAM now so this can pose problems for older motherboards. The NT series is double sided, so try that and it should be fine.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

I sent an email to the rma department expressing your suggestion, hopefully they haven't already mailed me your first idea.

Comment

hey guys! I told the RMA department to send me two pairs of F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT, but I instead got a 4 module kit of F3-10666CL9Q-16GBRL. The good news is that it works! The not so good news is that it only boots into windows if I set the DRAM clock speed to 1111Mhz, everything else on auto.

I thought I had received bad ram because memtest detected errors, but I soon learn that they only occurred when the third slot was populated, and the DRAM clock is set above 1111Mhz.

keep in mind every aspect other than DRAM speed is set to auto, I am confidant that you can help me achieve a speed of 1333mhz.

Thanks!

Comment

Post some pictures of BIOS, CPU and memory settings, so we can see what's going on.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

auto!

This isn't my picture, but I did edit its contents to reflect my settings.
                  http://postimg.org/image/tf084g65n/

My 2nd and 3rd latencies are as follows:

2nd: 8 - 4 - 8 - 4 - 9 - 4 - 7
                  3rd: 18 - 6 - 1 - 8 - 8

Thanks!
                  Last edited by Skunch; 05-09-2014, 01:55 AM.

Comment

any suggestions from the techs? I'd love to work out this ram.

Comment

FSB Frequency is AUTO? Is there a higher option for DRAM Frequency?

Right now it is 333 x 3.33, it should be 333 x 4

Timings are all wrong, but that is because DRAM Frequency is incorrect. You can manually set them once DRAM Frequency is sort out.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I figured it out!

I set the northbridge to 400mhz, which automatically bumped up my DRAM to 1334mhz.

Looks like I'm technically overclocking now :P

My row refresh cycle time is 78 clocks, is that a good number? Should it be lower?

Comment

78 is a perfect number for tRFC, with frequency at DDR3-1333.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                          X