2133mhz Ripjaws stuck at 1600mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2133mhz Ripjaws stuck at 1600mhz

I recently bought the F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL kit.

But no matter which settings I choose in the Bios, it will fail to boot with new settings..
    My motherboard is a GigaByte GA-P67A-UD3 (Version B3) and I am running with an Intel Core i5 2500K clocked to 4.4ghz.

I now have the ram running at 1600mhz no problems, but I didn't buy GSKILL ram to run at that speed. Here are my bios settings at the moment:

I checked and my mobo and processor should both be compatible with this ram running at the higher speed. But if I set it to anything higher than 1600mhz in the bios, it will fail to boot.

I tried enabling XMP, changing the timings and the voltage but no combination seems to work. I even tried updating my bios and undoing my cpu overclock (putting it back to 3.3ghz).

Please can anyone suggest some settings that will allow me to get higher speeds from the ram?

Put your cpu back at stock speed. Then enabled XMP (probably Profile1) and check if the primary timings are set to 11-11-11-30-2N and the Vdimm is 1.60V. If that works and is stable, next is adding vcore for your cpu overclock until your stable, because it is probably needed with the higher memory speed.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thanks for replying.

I put the CPU to clock speed, and disabled the turbo boost option. I set the timings and vdimm as you said and still have the same problem. Everything works until I set the ram speed (System Memory Multiplier) to the 18.66 option (or anything higher than 16.00).

For channel timings I am not sure what the 2N refers to - Isn't it IO Latency?

I assume VDIMM is what shows as DRAM Voltage in my BIOS, I set that to 1.600V.

So without any CPU overclock, correct channel timings and VDIMM it will still fail to boot if I set SPD above 1.600.
      Last edited by The-ArtfulDodger; 01-06-2014, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Ditto

I'm running a 2500k in a GigaByte GA-P67A-UD3 (Version B3) Bios F9. I'm having the exact same problem. I'm running stock clock. When enabled XMP I can't post. Stuck at 1600 only different is I'm running F3-2133C9D-8GXL. Neither XMP profiles work even after increasing voltage to 1.66. I've reflashed bios and set jumper to default. Still no luck.

They 2T refers to the command rate. I tried that on mine.. no luck.

(Artful - saw your post on reddit about this is well!)
        Last edited by stetson_man; 01-06-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The-ArtfulDodger View Post
          For channel timings I am not sure what the 2N refers to - Isn't it IO Latency?
          That is command rate. It is set to 1N (1T) in your last picture.

Also please verify, that the secondary timings (tRC up to tFAW) applied by your board match the XMP timings (you can check them via Aida64 -> Motherboard -> SPD). Maybe there is a timing or two that are off, it is just a guess though...

Comment

No SPD = No Bueno?

I tired pulling my SPD in CPU-Z and aida64 both came up blank and can be.

Comment

Can you please post a Screenshot of Aida64 -> Motherboard -> SPD?

Comment

Emissary42 - I can when I get home tonight. But they are just blank grey boxes in CPU-Z for every channel. Exactly the same in Aida64 -> Motherboard -> SPD. There really isn't anything to look at what so ever. However I will humor your request just to prove I know my stuff.

Artful - We are so close in hardware. How about yours? Are you seeing the same thing?

Comment

Screen Shots

Here's a screen shot of the SPD with my Corsair memory before I upgraded. Then some pictures I had my wife take of it as it exist today with the G.Skill ram in place.

Couldn't walk her through Aida64. Oh believe me we tried! Neither program show anything but bios has Profile1 and Profile2 for XMP.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by stetson_man; 01-09-2014, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Here are my SPD settings with the Ripjaws installed and working at 1600mhz:

Not sure if this is the information you need. When I try to overclock it I use the 11-11-11-30-2N timings.

Comment

Yes, that is all we need to go on. Please enable XMP again and then put in the secondaries like this:

Do not forget to raise Vdimm (memory voltage) to 1.60V.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks Emissary that did it!

I couldn't put the tRFC to 278 but I put it to 255 (which was as high as it would go). Now I have the ram running at 2133mhz! My CPU overclock is also working with it clocked at 4.4ghz!

So happy. Thanks for the assistance again.

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

Hello Guys,

I know this post is kinda old but I was searching and found this thread which could help me a lot since I have the same motherboard Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 and I'm thinking of buying G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-2133C9Q-32GXH http://goo.gl/q24wAh

But i got a couple of questions.

1.- If I buy the 2133mhz do I need to overclock my CPU? beacuse i'm I have a core I7 2600 (without the K) @ 3.4Ghz

2.- If the answer to the question 1 is yes. Do also i need to overclock for this one G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C9Q-32GXM http://goo.gl/TYye3q

3.- Emissary42 the pictured you attached to the post is not there anymore, so i couldn't see the solution. Can you please post it again?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Working...
                            X