Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16GB ram for an old ASUS P5Q3 Motherboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry about the late response, missed your first post.

DDR3 modules have changed quite a bit and the latest batches no longer work well for older platforms like the P5Q3. You will need to find some older models that are better compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      DDR3 modules have changed quite a bit and the latest batches no longer work well for older platforms like the P5Q3. You will need to find some older models that are better compatible.
      Is that true for the F3-10666CL9Q-16GBRL as well? I just got mine from NewEgg and can't get the P5Q3 to post. Wrote down some settings information from the other posts here pertaining to the P5Q3 that I will try, but it would save me a lot of time if there was a way to know if this was even compatible or not.

Comment

They are probably not compatible if the board does not even boot up with a single stick of those after a CMOS_CLR, esp. if they are single sided modules. If it would boot with a single stick, it is just a question of configuration by me experience.

From my testing with IX48-GT3 and BlackOps none of my newer kits (2012/2013/2014), regardless of manufacturer, are compatible as well. If you really don't want to make the switch to a newer architecture, maybe try to hunt down a kit produced in 2011 or earlier?
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

redchurch77,

what CPU do you have?

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Comment

Working...
          X