Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help for settings P55-UDA6 & F3-1866C9Q-32GXM

I have a Gygabyte P55-UDA6 mobo and so far I had 4gb Gskill
    -860 and everything was fine and stable, no overclocking at all.
    Then I have decided to upgrade ram quantity and I have selected the gskill f3-1866c9q-32gxm, so 4*8gb, removing the old 4GB stack.
    When not stressing the memoy with normal programs, office, web browsers etc, system is stable but when I play a game (BF4), high demanding in terms of iops then sometime it works for a couple of hours and suddenly I 'm getting the memory busy at almost 99% (from 32gb....) still bF4 "only taking" avg 1.5 to 1.8 GB
    I have also noticed a high amount of hardware fault on memory and even if I kill BF4, memory stays at 99% and I need to reboot to clear up this.

I have now set back my initial 4GB "old" stack and it's ok.
    So I do suspect the settings of mem in Bios that are incorrect, still everything is on safe values and auto discovery
    Can you please help with those settings ?
    Thks
    k2

First thing I would do is update the bios to the newest version it might not willingly accept 8gb sticks with the original bios. After that you need to go into the bios and set the individual timings/speed of the ram. it is likely defaulted to 1333 at 9-9-9-27 timings or somethign similar which is way slower than the ram you bought. I'm not sure if that setup can handle 32gb at 1866, but you can try, if not you can certainly run it a bit slower and use tighter timings. Auto settings are the wrong way to go for a good memory kit. btw what version of windows are you running?
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Make sure to configure settings in BIOS/EFI

The memory is above standard, so it is necessary to manually input settings or enable the XMP Profile. You can also test each stick individually to see if one may be bad causing problems.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi guy's thanks for hints and support but I have already done a bunch of things:
        XMP profile
        update bios to latest 12c for my mobo
        decrease speed up to 14xx
        I have no tried 9-9-9-27 as the std settings are 9-10-9-27 if I remember well
        The 4*8 gb has been cut in twice 2*8Gb and I have tried both pair of 16gb separately, same....
        it is only better with my old 4gb stack of gskill 2133
        so I'm a bit stuck to be honnest

Comment

Well I guess we would need to see screenshots of your bios... plug a usb stick in and hit print screen, or use a camera phone and post them, could be some settings off a bit since that board is much older than the memory you bought.
          ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Hi Guy's here are the screenshots of the settings I have put yesterday and same problem again, once on four hours gaming, none on more than 8 hours work
            1) http://images-host.fr/view.php?img=2...y-settings.jpg
            2) http://images-host.fr/view.php?img=2...-settings2.jpg

Comment

I don't know why, but the RAM is running around DDR3-1100 because the CPU BCLK Host Frequency is overclocked to 148.. that makes setting things up slightly more complicated.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X