Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-19200CL10Q-32GBZHD on ASUS P9X79PRO MOBO BIOS 4302 i7 3970X @3.5GHz CPU ISSUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cpu makers will all say 1600 mhz is max for them. That way they don't have to take your processor back if its not up to the level it should be. I would think the IB-E processors would be better suited for this task.-
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

logicmoo,

i7-3930K
      i7-3960X
      i7-3970X

and

i7-4820K
      i7-4930K
      i7-4960X

These are the CPUs capable of 64GB at DDR3-2400

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH
      Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 11-13-2013, 03:53 PM.

Comment

I'd say Intel Core i7-4820K, i7-4930K and i7-4960X should have the easiest time with 8x8GB DDR3-2400+ (on one of the better overclocking mainboards).
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

I'd really like to buy a PC that (say with a i7-4960X) that will use 64GB at 2400mhz. I am even willing to pay a modest amount to someone for it. I have had enough failures at things I'd like to have thought I was really good at, so I know that someone else can build it better!

Comment

Perhaps what I need is someone that has a pile of 4960Xs they will try out until they have won the silicone lottery for me!

Comment

I know that this thread is quite and old, and the issue may have been resolved, but I think that I know what the issue might be. First of all, no one has mentioned VCORE... before manually changing VTT or VCCSA, change VCORE to ensure that it is high enough. Once stability is reached, you can begin lowering the VCORE down to the lowest point possible.

RAM stability is linked to your CPU's IMC, and some chips perform better than others. When I was having trouble with my RAM causing crashes at bootup, I found that changing VCORE and the following other settings allowed me to achieve 2400 MHz with the same RAM you are writing about, as well as to run an OC'd 4930K @ 4.6 GHz:

1) Set your VCORE to 1.35V
              2) Turn off C-States
              3) Turn off CPU Spread Spectrum
              4) Turn off Intel Enhanced SpeedStep

I think these are all of the setting that I change, but basically here is what you are trying to combat:

Any settings which cause dynamic raising and lowering of voltages and frequencies based upon preset generalities or else real-time demand can cause voltage insufficiency (and perhaps excess), which causes the system to crash. You need to look in the bios and turn off all the energy efficient settings, and ensure that you have sufficient cooling. If you are looking to conserve energy or are using stock cooling... don't overclock.

-Carson

Comment

Spot on Riesscar

Comment

Working...
                X