Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h55m-e33 - not booting past post

Hi all,

i'm currently having trouble booting up my MS I- H55M-E33 MoBo after installing 8GB ram, it boots up, then shuts down after getting the confirmed beep, then does it again and again.

But when i remove one 4GB ram stick out, it seems to boot up fine with just 4 GB

Could it be low voltage or not enough, or could it be my BIOS that needs to be flashed again?

I'm currently running bios AMI v1.A (pretty sure its up to date)

CPU - i5 661 - 3.3ghz
    Chipset - Intel - havendale/clarkdale host bridge
    MoBo - H55m-e33 (socket 1156)
    Ram - G.Skill-NT DDR3 2x 4GB (1333) - 9.9.9.24 1.5v
    GPU - radeon hd 6670 - 2gb sapphire
    OS - win 7 64-bit

Best bet is to try and see if it will boot with each stick by itself. (Use the stick that is not in the computer right now by its self and see if it is capable of booting the system) this will make it easier to see if one of the sticks is bad, or if its an issue trying to use two sticks.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Originally posted by supahos View Post
      Best bet is to try and see if it will boot with each stick by itself. (Use the stick that is not in the computer right now by its self and see if it is capable of booting the system) this will make it easier to see if one of the sticks is bad, or if its an issue trying to use two sticks.
      Hey thanks for the reply, I've been doing that for the last day and they both work fine, it just sends it into a boot loop for 4 times then boots windows 7 up normally, ive just never seen behavior like this before.

Comment

Have you tried both sticks using slot 2 & 4, or 1 & 3 if you're currently using 2&4? Could be lint or something else in one of the slots causing the issue, or a bad slot possibly?
        ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Working...
        X