Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL Problem with Asus A85XM-A

Hi all,

i have a problem with the components above mentioned, no POST!!!!
    I tried both Ram and motherboard separately with other components and they works.
    Any idea or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thx a lot
    Last edited by esseffe; 10-05-2013, 05:13 AM.

Best bet, update the bios for the board, second bet, try just a single stick and see if it will post at all, get it set up then add another stick
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Originally posted by supahos View Post
      Best bet, update the bios for the board, second bet, try just a single stick and see if it will post at all, get it set up then add another stick
      Thanks for the reply Supahos, unfortunately i have already done what you suggest. I dont have any other idea to fix this problem. Even if Asus declare that the F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL are compatible with this motherboard i'm thinking that is not true.... maybe i need to try another model?

Comment

The bigger F2A85XM-Pro from our testing has very good memory compatibility, among the best of all FM2 mainboards. Maybe there is something ASUS could do, to improve that for the A85XM-A? You could at least give it a shot and contact their tech support.

(Could you maybe show me a photo of your kit?)
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Last suggestion i have is to do a hard reset of the bios, (pull cmos, use jumper) and see if that does anything. Did it ever post? And now wont post at 1866?
          ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
            The bigger F2A85XM-Pro from our testing has very good memory compatibility, among the best of all FM2 mainboards. Maybe there is something ASUS could do, to improve that for the A85XM-A? You could at least give it a shot and contact their tech support.

I sent an email to tech support, i know they cant do anything..will see. Tomorrow i will take a photo.

Thx 4 your support

Comment

Last suggestion i have is to do a hard reset of the bios, (pull cmos, use jumper) and see if that does anything. Did it ever post? And now wont post at 1866?

Already done, using the same RAM nothing happens after hard reset. The mobo works properly with other Gskill RAM at 1066 frequency.
              I'm convinced that Asus A85XM-A cannot support Ram at 1866 frequency...

Comment

It doesnt matter if it can support that speed or not it should default to a slower speed anyway and work, i dont know what the issue is, seems odd

Comment

It doesnt matter if it can support that speed or not it should default to a slower speed anyway and work, i dont know what the issue is, seems odd
                  Maybe i have not explained well, the issue is using these ram i dont have POST!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
                    As promised this is the photo:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y55oin

Cheers

Comment

I doubt someone from G.SKILL will confirm this, but if i had to guess, those might be some newer 30nm Micron ICs on your kit. If that is the case, we had the same kind of trouble with kits from other manufacturers using these chips on several ASRock and Gigabyte FM2 mainboards. In fact Gigabyte Germany ordered a memory sample because of our findings and are now working on a bios fix. Could be something very similar here, that is just speculation on my part though.

@GSKILL TECH: I don't know the official policy regarding incidents like this, but is it possible to then get the kit replaced for a piece using different chips (if available)? The memory is probably without error, it just seems to be a rare case of an incompatibility... that is probably fixable in bios, but who knows =)
                      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Can definitely try another kit, or a different kit to see if it will work better. Just complete the RMA procedure online and let the RMA dept. know you need to swap for a different model.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                        X