4 ram sticks no go, 2, okay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 ram sticks no go, 2, okay

So I have been putting off finding out why this isn't working. Figured since I have some time off from work it is time to fix it.

Here are PC Specs

P8P67 Deluxe
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-10666CL7D-8GBXH 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1333 CL7-7-7-21 TIMES 2
    Radeon something
    Hard drive something

Anyways. Not sure what I should be doing. Everything is stock and nothing works.

The ONLY DIFFERENCE is one set is black PCB and the other is green. They have the same specs and everything at least so i see.

Both sticks work in either slots, and both sets of sticks work. However together and cannot even get to post. Cycling through the Memory button to try every possible timing... no dice.

Thoughts?

PROBLEM FIXED
    Last edited by boris_37; 10-03-2013, 07:45 PM.

Kits with that low specifications can have different ics, even though both kits have the same model number. Especially if there is a bigger spread between the two production dates, because the ic used on the older one might have been out of production / no longer available at some point.

Have you already tried manually setting a command rate of 2T and raising Vdimm a little bit (1.55V)?
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Also could try loosening the timings to 8-8-8-24 to see if that helps anything. 2 separate kits aren't guaranteed to work that is why they sell them in larger groups.
      ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Understood. I will loosen it up, bump the voltage, ensure it boots stable with 1 kit and then try with both. All steps 1 at a time of course.

Thanks very much will post back soon(unless i hit the sack, then potentially a bit longer)!

As to not double post, this fixed the issue. I would like to say thanks and cannot believe it was that easy. I thought i tried everything. I think it was the voltage bump as the black memory was already set to 8-8-8-24. Whatever. all good.
        Last edited by boris_37; 10-03-2013, 07:45 PM. Reason: fixed!

Comment

Good to hear, with the voltage now up you can try dropping just the first number to 7 and see if it works, will make things a bit faster
          ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Working...
          X