Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get my Asus Z87-A to recognize both F3-1600C9D-16GAR modules

Hello,

I am having trouble getting my motherboard to recognize both modules of my G.Skill ram.

My motherboard is the Asus Z87-A. Updated BIOS to version 1207.
    My ram is model F3-1600C9D-16GAR. (ARES 16gigs 2x8 DDR3 1600 CL9-9-9-24 1.5v)

My motherboard will successfully POST with one of the sticks installed, but will not POST when I have the other stick installed by itself or with both sticks installed together.

I have tried many times to tune the problem stick with the MemOK function to a compatible frequency in order to successfully POST so that I can atleast get into BIOS, I have not been successful. The DRAM LED stays lit when I have this stick of ram installed.

I have tried all of my DIMM slots with both the working stick and problem stick, I have ruled out a faulty DIMM slot.

The problem stick will work in the spare PC I have (it is many years old and likely very old mobo model) - the bios recognizes it at 1033mhz frequency. So I know this problem module atleast works.

Any suggestions or tips please?

I would think if all 4 slots work with 1 stick, and all 4 fail with the other stick you have a bad stick. I think an RMA is in order.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Here is the RMA form to get the process started:

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X