Help with overclocking 1866 MHz ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with overclocking 1866 MHz ram

Hi there im quite new to overclocking ram.

I have attatched an image of the relevant CPU-Z tabs to help you.

The ram sticks are G.Skill Sniper 1866 DDR3. 4GB x 2

What im confused about is in the memory tab my "DRAM Frequency" is only 750 Mhz.

if you multiply this by 2 you only get 1500 Mhz.

In the SPD Tab i see that i have activated the XMP profiles.

am i doing something wrong?

When you look in the bios, what do you see as the dram frequency? also if you haven't already update your bios to latest version. This memory might require the latest version to run properly. if the xmp won't go to the correct memory settings in your bios, you may have to manually enter the specs listed on the side of the individual modules.
    Last edited by supahos; 09-10-2013, 05:06 AM.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Originally posted by trano View Post
      In the SPD Tab i see that i have activated the XMP profiles.
      You can not see that in CPU-Z SPD tab. It does list all the available profiles, but does not show which one is currently active. To use your memories XMP, you would have to enable it in BIOS.

You're 750MHz memory clock that is shown in CPU-Z memory tab is caused by your cpu-overclock with an increased BCLK of 150MHz. If you undo your cpu / bclk overclock, your memory clock will decrease to a standard divider, e.g. DDR3-1333 (667MHz) or DDR3-1066 (533MHz). With the 2:10 memory divider you would need to overclock your bclk to 186MHz, to approach DDR3-1866 (933MHz). But keep in mind, that might require some adjustments of system voltages and also effects your cpu. If you want to stay around your current cpu-clock, i'd then reduce the FID to x17 (3162) or x18 (3348).

It would probably be a good idea to look around for a good tutorial on lynnfield overclocking =)
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
      X