HM77 chipset: 1,35v or 1,5v?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HM77 chipset: 1,35v or 1,5v?

Hi, i own a laptop with an HM77 chipset and a i5-3210m CPU without XMP support (lenovo B590 MBX2BIX).
    The specs says it support up to 1600 Mhz DDR3 memory at 1,35v and 1,5v.

I would like to use a pair of 4gb CL9 sticks.

I mailed your technical support asking which memory would fit my system and they said that SoDimms doesn't use XMP profiles so they will be compatible, and suggested me the following models:

F3-12800CL9D-8GBSK
    F3-12800CL9D-8GBSQ

I asked them why did they suggest me 1,5v models instead of 1,35v ones but i didn't get an answer.

Would the following models run in my system at advertised specs (1600Mhz CL9)?

F3-1600C9D-8GSL
    F3-1600C9D-8GRSL

Are there any compatibility reasons that made them suggest me the 1,5v instead the 1,35v ones?

Thank you for your help,
    Davide

1.35V and 1.50V will both work.

CL9 we can not be certain, it depends on the BIOS, so you would be testing that to find out whether it can support DDR3-1600 @ CL9.

CL11 is guaranteed to run at DDR3-1600.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi, thank you for your fast answer.
      You are very helpful.

May i ask why you tell me that about CL9 ? As i know, if it is jedec, HM77 should support it (so it is worth a try)

Is it written in JEDEC 1600H standard?

Did you ever try any of those memory in any brand HM77 i5-3210m laptop ?
      (lenovo or not, hardware should be the same, manufacturers' limitations aside. but as i know lenovo never inserted limitation on CL, only on memory frequency so i would try anyway).

Thank you for your help,
      Davide

Comment

JEDEC is DDR3-1333 CL9, DDR3-1600 CL11

DDR3-1600 CL9 is outside of standard, that's why I say we can not be certain it is compatible. We can not be certain your laptop BIOS can support not standard JEDEC RAM.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I'm sorry i didn't really understand that answer. I couldn't get if your

As what's written here Link it is listed in the standards using the name DDR3-1600H.

Another brand made a type of memory that use that standard and written big in their datasheet the timings as JEDEC 9-9-9 (it's a kind of performance memory for systems that doesn't support xmp).
          Are your products that i mentioned doing the same thing?
          Your last answer made me confused about the fact that they use JEDEC and no XMP to achieve 9-9-9 timings.

I saw many cpu-z screeshots as a proof that HM77 chipset should handle that kind of memory.
          This review of another brand laptop is an example, and it shows in the SPD what i tried to explain (probably i wasn't clear). As you see it's written CL9 under last jedec tab

If my lenovo would behave differently in the same situation, it's a limitation that i cannot know before trying, and i can't pretend that you know that (since even lenovo can't answer me). But being sure that the memory i stick in is like the one linked above, it would increase success rate, making the try worth it.

Is there a a screenshot of the cpu-z spd table of the following modules? (or can i have the informations written there)

F3-12800CL9D-8GBSK
          F3-12800CL9D-8GBSQ
          F3-1600C9D-8GSL
          F3-1600C9D-8GRSL

I'm very sorry to disturb you again about it.

Thank you in advance for your patience,
          Davide

Comment

Working...
          X