Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory suggestion for Intel DP55SB

Hello,

I would like to upgrade my Intel DP55SB based system from 4GB to 16GB. I am currently running 2x2GB G.Skill RJ. My motherboard only supports up to 4GB DIMMS, so I'd need 4x4GB DIMMs. I currently run my memory at 1600 9-9-9-24-2N and 1.5v. I'd like a 16GB kit capable of still running 1600, stability is key.

My systems specs:

Intel DP55SB motherboard, P55 chipset
    Intel Lynnfield 2.8GHz CPU

I am a fan of G.Skill fan and would like to upgrade to another G.Skill product. Can you suggest a 16GB kit that meets my requirements?

Thank you,
    DJM

Depending on pricing and availability i would get one of these

G.SKILL Ripjaws F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL
    G.SKILL RipjawsX F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL
    G.SKILL RipjawsZ F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL
    G.SKILL Ares F3-1600C9Q-16GAO
    G.SKILL Ares F3-1600C9Q-16GAB

Those are pretty much the standard kits for DDR3-1600. The RipjawsX and RipjawsZ kits have slightly higher heatspreaders than the other kits.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      Depending on pricing and availability i would get one of these

G.SKILL Ripjaws F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL
      G.SKILL RipjawsX F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL
      G.SKILL RipjawsZ F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL
      G.SKILL Ares F3-1600C9Q-16GAO
      G.SKILL Ares F3-1600C9Q-16GAB

Those are pretty much the standard kits for DDR3-1600. The RipjawsX and RipjawsZ kits have slightly higher heatspreaders than the other kits.

Thanks for the input, emissary42. I am leaning towards the Ripjaw series. Any performance or stability differences between the three Ripjaws versions?

Thanks,
      DJM

Comment

If i remember correctly, the original RipJaws Series was officially tested by G.SKILL on several P55 Mainboards (not sure about the Intel board however). The newer stuff is probably optimized for sandy bridge, ivy bridge and sandy bridge-E (LGA2011). So on a second thought the G.SKILL Ripjaws F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL should be the safest pick.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Any of those will work fine, just make sure to enable XMP for optimal performance.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks to all for your advice -- great to have such a good resource for solid information.

Cheers,
            DJM

Comment

Working...
            X