No more ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Glad it worked out, have fun

Leave a comment:

• what_rules
    replied
    Hi, I'm resurrecting this thread as I've had intermittent restarts and freezes since I last posted. They are pretty rare but was wondering if there were some other settings to try in order to improve stability farther. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Glad to hear it, Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• what_rules
    replied
    Zero crashes or restarts with those settings. I'm calling it good. Thanks so much Tradesman. I wish I had reached out a year and a half ago.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    We'll be waiting to hear

Leave a comment:

• what_rules
    replied
    Change the settings to 2T, NB to 1.25 (closest to 1.2 the BIOS had), and DRAM voltage to 1.55 so far it's stable. I'll report back if I have any issues. Thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Let's stay at 2T then take CPU/NB to 1.2 and DRAM voltage at 1.55

Leave a comment:

• what_rules
    replied
    I tried changing the CR to 2T and got a blue screen after about 20 minutes. I then tried 2T and upping the north bridge voltage to 1.15 and it crashed and restarted.

Leave a comment:

• what_rules
    replied
    I will give that a try when I'm home later today and see if the computer is stable at 1600 with those settings.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Might first try CR at 2T instead of 1T, also might want CPU/NB up more, maybe initially 1.15

Leave a comment:

• what_rules
    replied
    Here are the RAM timing setting in the BIOS

DRAM Frequency: DDR-1333
    tCL 9
    tRCD 9
    tRP 9
    tRAS 24
    CR 1T
    tRC 33
    tWR 10
    tRFC 110
    tRRD 4
    tWTR 5
    tRTP 5
    tFAW 20
    voltage 1.5

Other settings:

CPU Voltage 1.3875
    NB Multipler: 654 MHz
    CPU NB/GPU Voltage: 1.075
    APU PCIE Voltage VDDP: 1.210
    SB Voltage: 1.10V

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Can you post your BIOS settings, in particular the DRAM settings (both basic and advanced timings) as well as system voltages and freqs

Leave a comment:

• what_rules
    started a topic F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL and ASRock A75m

F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL and ASRock A75m

I have had this memory and motherboard for about a year and a half. When I first installed the RAM the motherboard did not detect it as 1600 but instead set it to 1066. I changed it to 1600 manually. It has not been stable for since I built the computer. I get random restarts both while using the computer but also when it is just sitting idle.

Finally a friend of mine asked me if I had update to the latest BIOS (I had) and if I had changed any of the memory settings. He said try it at a slower speed and see what happens.

I changed the RAM speed setting back to auto (1066) and it is stable. I then decided to try to setting the RAM to 1333 and it has remained stable at this speed as well. I would like to be able to set the RAM to the speed that I purchased it for. Let me know what information is needed and I will provide it.

Memory:
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Motherboard:
    ASRock A75M FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Processor:
    AMD A8-3850 Llano 2.9GHz Socket FM1

Video Card:
    XFX HD-687A-ZNBC Radeon HD 6870 Black Edition

Power Supply:
    CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 600W
Working...
X